Chester

Chester (edition 2009)

by Melanie Watt (Illustrator), Melanie Watt (Author)

Series: Chester (1)

Member:heidilynn
Title:Chester
Authors:
Other authors:Melanie Watt (Illustrator), Melanie Watt (Author)
Info:Kids Can Press (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 32 pages
Collections:fiction, picture books
Tags:cat, dog, mouse

Chester by Melanie Watt

English (77)  Japanese (1)  All languages (78)
"Chester" by Melanie Watt is an adorable book. The author is trying to tell the story of a mouse but a very jealous cat takes over the story every time he gets the chance. The author and the character are actually going back and forth which teaches a very important lesson. Which is that the author is the one who creates these amazing character and the story. It also shows that if you do something that is not what someone wants you to do there will be consequences. This book is really cute because it shows the cat writing his story and finally the author writes the cat his own story. It is not the story that he thought would be written about him he ends up in a pink tutu. ( )
  Emorrison | Aug 25, 2016 |
OMG I could not stop laughing. I know, it's probably silly to give a humorous picture book five stars, but I truly thought this was 'amazingly' clever. Don't take my word for it; go to your library and get it for yourself. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I think this is a really cute, silly book. I think the illustrations add a lot to the story. They are detailed and bright which children love. This story is organized in a non traditional way which I think is attention grabbing. It puts the reader involved and active in the story. I think this is a book that kids would love to read on their own time, and can relate to the book in many ways. Melanie Watt did a great job writing a unique book,that children will love. I enjoyed the simple language, and find this to be a fun text to read. ( )
  tkoret1 | Mar 21, 2016 |
This book is so cute. It's funny, and keeps the reader's interest with all of thee red ink crossing out the page. ( )
  the1jag | Feb 11, 2016 |
Great to use to use in the writing process when revising and editing
  Stacey_Nava | Nov 8, 2015 |
For Marcos, Eva, Melina and Laya (crossed out)

For Chester because I couldn't have made this book without him. He's the smartest, most handsome cat in the world. I wish I could be lie him someday.
Once upon a time there was a mouse.

A self-centered cat named Chester keeps interrupting his owner as she tries to write a story about a mouse.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,483,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible