Morrigan's Cross (The Circle Trilogy, Book…

Morrigan's Cross (The Circle Trilogy, Book 1) (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Nora Roberts

Member:RobynBachar
Title:Morrigan's Cross (The Circle Trilogy, Book 1)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2006), Edition: 0, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:**
Tags:paranormal-romance

Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts (2006)

Recently added byrena75, redtodd10, Catz314, private library, hathor03, sHeydorn, emeraldgirl68

English (50)  German (1)  All languages (51)
Great vampire/witches/sorcerer book. Intrigue, romance, fights...covers just about everything from love to action all in one book ( )
  AMKee | Feb 16, 2018 |
I like her books but this one didn't do much for me ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
Interesting storyline but the main focus of this book seemed to be the relationships between the main characters. I'm hoping the next one will have a bit more to it. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
4.5 ( )
  Joana_v_v | Feb 9, 2016 |
When I picked this book up at the library, I didn't remember reading it before, which is probably evidence of my overall reaction - just so-so. To be fair, I find myself judging it against Nora Roberts' many other stories that kept me reading far too late into the night. This one wasn't the page turner for me that I was expecting. I can't point to anything specific. It just didn't feel enough.

So on my Nora Roberts Scale, this one is a 3 for me. Still, I enjoyed it and will look for the second in the series (and I'll probably discover that I've read that one too!).

LeahDee | Jan 24, 2016 |
At long last, the incomparable Roberts leaps into the paranormal genre in a big way! Roberts wastes no time kicking off a trilogy that immediately immerses readers in a complex mythology that will require much dedication and sacrifice from its protagonists. Like her earlier trilogies, intriguing pairs of disparate couples must band together for a common goal. Book one does an excellent job of setting up the seemingly impossible quest and introducing the "Circle of Six." Once you start, you won't want to stop this thrill ride.

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hill, DickReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ehrs, BrunoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Evrard, LionelTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guerrero, JosefinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Masso Sabolo, Gerardo diTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pée, Margarethe vanÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Salo, Annasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Seuls les braves méritent l'amour.
John Dryden, Alexander's Feast
Finissez, madame, le jour brillant est passé,
Et nous entrons dans les ténèbres.
Shakespeare, Antoine et Clopâtre, acte V, scène 2
A mes frères, Jim, Buz, Don et Bill
Ce fut la pluie qui ramena à la mémoire du vieil homme l'histoire qu'il désirait conter.

In the last days of high summer, with lightning striking blue in a black sky, the sorcerer stood on a high cliff overlooking the raging sea... Belting out his grief into the storm, Hoyt Mac Cionaoith rails against the evil that has torn his twin brother from their family's embrace. Her name is Lilith. Existing for over a thousand years, she has lured countless men to an immortal doom with her soul-stealing kiss. But now, this woman known as vampire will stop at nothing until she rules this world—and those beyond it... Hoyt is no match for the dark siren. But his powers come from the goddess Morrigan, and it is through her that he will get his chance at vengeance. At Morrigan's charge, he must gather five others to form a ring of power strong enough to overcome Lilith. A circle of six: himself, the witch, the warrior, the scholar, the one of many forms and the one he's lost. And it is in this circle, hundreds of years in the future, where Hoyt will learn how strong his spirit—and his heart—have become...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515141658, Mass Market Paperback)

Belting out his grief into the storm, Hoyt Mac Cionaoith rails against the evil that has torn his twin brother from their family’s embrace. Her name is Lilith. Existing for thousands of years, she has lured countless men to an immortal doom with her soul-stealing kiss. But now, this woman known as vampire will stop at nothing until she rules this world—and those beyond it…

Hoyt is no match for the dark siren. But his powers come from the goddess Morrigan, and it is through her that he will get his chance at vengeance. At Morrigan’s charge, he must gather five others to form a ring of power strong enough to overcome Lilith. A circle of six: himself, the witch, the warrior, the scholar, the one of many forms, and the one he’s lost. And it is in this circle, hundreds of years in the future, where Hoyt will learn how strong his spirit—and his heart—have become…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

As the powerful vampire Lilith prepares to quench her thirst for destruction by unleashing her fury in battle, a medieval sorcerer, one of the circle of six charged by the goddess Morrigan, must travel through time to stop her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,511,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible