The Last Noel by Heather Graham

The Last Noel (edition 2007)

by Heather Graham, Christopher Lane (Reader)

1093111,760 (3)None
Member:MarthaHuntley
Title:The Last Noel
Authors:Heather Graham
Other authors:Christopher Lane (Reader)
Info:Brilliance Audio on CD Unabridged (2007), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Audio Book, Mystery

The Last Noel by Heather Graham

I am not familiar with Heather Graham, so I didn't know if I would like this audio book or not. I chose it because I wanted to have something to listen to while Christmas shopping, running to the grocery etc...something about the holidays that wouldn't be too gory. This audio book fit the bill perfectly, hence my four-and-a-half star rating -- not because it was exceptionally well written - it wasn't - but because it was an engaging story of a somewhat typical family being held hostage over Christmas Eve-Day by a trio of desperate, armed thieves ... or are they all criminals? Anyway, it was an engaging book, and I like what it's view of family very much. Don't think I would have cared for the book at all if I hadn't read it, or listened to it rather, over Christmas. ( )
  MarthaHuntley | Jan 8, 2013 |
A story about a typical family that has their holiday celebration (in a remote vacation home) high-jacked by a trio of thieves that get caught in a snow storm as they are fleeing their latest crime scene. The characters weren't really that well developed and the plot had quite a few holes in it. Overall a quick, mindless read. ( )
  readingrat | Jul 11, 2008 |
Another good Heather Graham book. This is about some jewelry theives that hold a family hostage Christmas Eve. Good interesting characters.
  DunnFunKat | Jan 28, 2008 |
You know how you just click with some authors? Heather Graham is does just the opposite for me. I have tried to read a couple other of her books, even tried an audio and can't seem to warm up to her. I have no clue as to why.

As far as this book goes, it lacks believabilty. In the previous books I attempted, I didn't get that far. And trust me, if it hadn't been for the Suspense & Thrillers Group at Shelfari.com, I would have closed the book up and not finished it.
  judithkaye | Dec 7, 2007 |

It's Christmas Eve, and all is neither calm nor bright.
With a storm paralyzing New England, the O'Boyle household becomes prey to a pair of brutal escaped killers desperate to find refuge. Skyler O'Boyle is convinced the only way they can live through the night is by playing a daring psychological game to throw the convicts off their guard. Threatened by a pair of Smith & Wessons, she has to pray that the rest of the family will play along, buying them time. Her one hope for rescue is that the men are unaware that her daughter, Kat, has escaped into the blizzard. But as the wind and snow continue to rage with all the vehemence of a maddened banshee, her prayers that Kat can somehow find help seem fragile indeed. When Kat stumbles on a third felon, half-frozen and delirious, her shock deepens, because she recognizes Craig Devon immediately. What is the onetime love of her life doing back in town -- and in such company? With the threat of death hanging over the O'Boyles, Craig is desperate to unload a vital secret that could change their destiny. But can he trust Kat with the truth? Because one false move and everything he's sacrificed will shatter -- and this could be everyone's final Christmas alive.

It's Christmas Eve, and all is neither calm nor bright

Skyler O'Boyle is convinced the only way they can live through the night is by playing a daring psychological game to throw the convicts off their guard. Threatened by a pair of Smith & Wessons, she has to pray that the rest of her family will play along, buying them time. Her one hope for rescue is that the men are unaware that her daughter, Kat, has escaped into the blizzard. But as the wind and snow continue to rage with all the vehemence of a maddened banshee, her prayers that Kat can somehow find help seem fragile indeed.

When Kat stumbles on a third felon, half-frozen and delirious, her shock deepens, because she recognizes Craig Devon immediately. What is the onetime love of her life doing back in town—and in such company? With the threat of death hanging over the O'Boyles, Craig is desperate to unload a vital secret that could change their destiny. But can he trust Kat with the truth? Because one false move and everything he's sacrificed will shatter—and this could be everyone's final Christmas alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:27 -0400)

When two escaped killers take refuge in their home during a storm on Christmas Eve, Skyler O'Boyle plays a daring psychological game to throw the criminals off guard, while her daughter, Kat, escapes and meets a third felon, who is hiding a secret that could save them all.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,930,606 books! | Top bar: Always visible