The Wicked Ways of a Duke (Girl-Bachelor -…

The Wicked Ways of a Duke (Girl-Bachelor - 2)

by Laura Lee Guhrke

Member:Dotland101
Title:The Wicked Ways of a Duke (Girl-Bachelor - 2)
Authors:Laura Lee Guhrke
Info:Avon (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:2/4, Have & Read

The Wicked Ways of a Duke by Laura Lee Guhrke

4 Stars. I enjoyed reading very much. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
4 Stars. I enjoyed reading very much. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Fantastic series, light-hearted and sweet. Excellent read to relax and unwind. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
I had some issues - namely that the heroine had major self-image issues and the author kept referring to her as "plump" when she was described as anything but, and also the hero was a complete ass for the first 1/2-3/4 of the book.

However, the author really turned it around for me. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed both characters at the end, and how glad I was to see them fall in love. I almost put the book down because of my frustrations, but I'm glad I finished it. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

She thought she was the luckiest woman in London ... Surviving on a seamstress' income and a steady stream of fantasies, Prudence Bosworth has always longed for love and romance. Then she inherits a fortune from the father she's never seen, with the stipulation that she wed in one year. Prudence is determined to marry for true love, and after seeing firsthand the splendid chivalry of a certain duke, only one man will do ... Rhys de Winter, the Duke of St. Cyres, hides his cynicism behind a quick wit and an even quicker smile. He must marry an heiress, and as luck would have it, the pretty little seamstress-turned-heiress is exactly what he needs. But he never expected to fall for Prudence, and when his shocking deception is revealed, he will stop at nothing to win her back ... even if it means renouncing every last one of his wicked ways.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061143618, Mass Market Paperback)

She thought she was the luckiest woman in London . . .

Surviving on a seamstress' income and a steady stream of fantasies, Prudence Bosworth has always longed for love and romance. Then she inherits a fortune from the father she's never seen, with the stipulation that she wed in one year. Prudence is determined to marry for true love, and after seeing firsthand the splendid chivalry of a certain duke, only one man will do . . .

Rhys de Winter, the Duke of St. Cyres, hides his cynicism behind a quick wit and an even quicker smile. He must marry an heiress, and as luck would have it, the pretty little seamstress-turned-heiress is exactly what he needs. But he never expected to fall for Prudence, and when his shocking deception is revealed, he will stop at nothing to win her back . . . even if it means renouncing every last one of his wicked ways.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:20 -0400)

Surviving on her sparse wages as a seamstress, Prudence Bosworth finally gets the chance to pursue her dreams of love, romance, and adventure when she inherits a fortune from her long-lost father--with the stipulation that she must marry in one year.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,450,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible