The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, Book 4)…

The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, Book 4) (edition 2008)

by Kerrelyn Sparks

Member:goddessred
Title:The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, Book 4)
Authors:Kerrelyn Sparks
Info:Avon (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

The Undead Next Door by Kerrelyn Sparks

Heather Westfield, comes to the opening of Le Chique Escharpe, by one of the most famous fashion designer, who opens a shop in Texas, in her hometown. Heather, divorced and a mother, can barely afford to pay her bills, let alone the expensive clothing she see's surrounding her. Heather, with a friend, who models for Jean Luc Escharpe, accompanies her. Then she is caught by him sketching one of his designer dresses, and he is furious, but then through a turn of events he offers her a job in his studio, for her ideas have merit, something he never thought about before. When he shows her his designs in the back, they are attacked by his hated enemy, Lui, who has murdered his past two girlfriends, and now assumes that Heather is the third. So now Jean Luc must protect her, no matter how resistant she is to the idea. But as events occur, and he keeps on protecting her, he finds that he doesn't want to lose her or her daughter, by this maniac, and will do everything in his power to protect them no matter the cost...
The Undead Next Door is Jean Luc's story from the Love At Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks. From the first page, I was hooked and wasn't let go until the very end. Of course all that have read this series, just have fallen in love with Jean Luc and his charisma. So it was great to be able to read his story. The Undead Next Door is a emotional yet intense story about two people from opposite worlds, one who is a vampire and has lived for centuries and has no hope in life other than his fashion design career. The other is a woman who has suffered from pain and grief and has had to live in fear, but now decides to start anew and battle with fear and win...these two are both courageous and witty, their interaction fun and sexy, and the passion between them heated and sensual....and a love so powerful that if they believe in it and in themselves...there is a happily ever after in their future. Such a charming and sexy story, and I had such fun throughout all of it, and many laughs throughout all of it...Definitely a Winner!!! Sparks has won me over again.....A WONDERFUL READ!!!

My Favorite Quote
"What?" his eyebrows shot up. "There's nothing wrong with that design."
"Are you kidding?" She pulled away from his grasp "What is Echarpe thinking? The neckline plunges past the navel. The skirt slits up to North Dakota. No Woman in her right mind would wear that thing in public." ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
Cute story. ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
: snark-fest, shifters, vampire, humor, paranormal, romance, urban-fantasy

Poor vampire, he has to reinvent himself once again because the humans are beginning to notice that the famous haute couture fashion designer never ages. So he thinks to hide away in a basement in a small Texas town. More fool, he!
Nice single mom schoolteacher with a manure-for-brains ex-husband, and a gun-toting live-in senior who babysits for her, just wants to be left alone and wishes that she could afford to make elegant clothing at reasonable prices for REAL women.
At first he thinks that her drawings of his designer line means that she is a spy from another fashion house, but soon realizes that she has loads of talent, no money, and her only threat to him is that he comes to care too much for her.
And then there are the villains. And the crazy situations. And some scary stuff.
Kerrelyn Sparks has the most devious, fun imagination! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jun 30, 2016 |
I really liked this one. I like the fact that the lead male is attracted to someone who isn't pencil thin and drop dead gorgeous. I also like the family dynamic that's present from the start of the relationship. An ages old nemesis adds drama to the story. And I found the treatment of the ex to be pure comedy. Interesting little twist to our friend Phil...I started suspecting it about midway through the book. I'm curious to see if we continue to read about Billy and Sasha in future books. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I wasn't sure if I was all that wild about Jean-Luc from the previous stories, but now he's one of my favorite "good vamps" in the series. Heather, a single mother, was the perfect match for him and I got a kick out of her wild Texas ways. Jean-Luc's tender interaction with her daughter won me over.

I read this series when I need a heavy dose of cheezy. The humor in this one was fantastic. I feared after Angus's story that the series was taking a darker turn. (I liked it, but I missed that witty spark when things got serious). This delivered and I'll never look at a cockroach the same way...er...not that they're allowed in my house or anything. Let's face it. What ex-wife wouldn't want their vamp-boyfriend to put that kind of whammy on their ex? Even if it was just once...

Another great installment to the series and a fun read! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
With gratitude to my editor,

Erika Tsang,

for her patience and expert guidance.

The Undead have been very kind to us.
Heather Lynn Westfield was in hog heaven.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061118451, Mass Market Paperback)

Three signs that something is very different with your mew man:

1. He sleeps all day . . . which would be annoying except he's so attentive at night.

2. He's attacked by sword-wielding assailants, yet insists he can handle it on his own.

3. He never seems to age.

Heather Westfield has always lived a quiet life, but that all changes when she helps a very handsome, very mysterious stranger. There's something not quite right about Jean-Luc, but still, she's never been with a man so charming, so attractive . . . so wonderful. Now if only a murderous villain wasn't after them, they might get their happily-ever-after.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:55 -0400)

After helping Jean-Luc, a mysterious stranger, Heather Westfield finds her simple life complicated by her attraction to this charming man who is harboring a dangerous secret that could be the death of her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,553,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible