Mrs. Katz and Tush (A Bantam little rooster…

Mrs. Katz and Tush (A Bantam little rooster book) (original 1992; edition 2009)

by Patricia Polacco

Member:HillsandFalls
Title:Mrs. Katz and Tush (A Bantam little rooster book)
Authors:Patricia Polacco
Info:Doubleday Books for Young Readers (2009), Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Friendship, Diversity, Differences, African American

Mrs. Katz and Tush by Patricia Polacco (1992)

This book is one of my favorites to read. It has many life lessons, including one lessons I personally relate to which is how family does not need to be blood related to be family. This lesson is important to teach people because you do not always know what peoples' families are like so you can always help someone and act like their family as well. This is a good book to read to young kids because the pictures are so enjoyable to look at. ( )
  nshaal1 | Mar 22, 2018 |
This book is so touching, and shoes that family doesn't have to be blood related, which I very much relate to. After her husband passed away, Mrs. Katz is all alone until her neighbor brings her a kitten she names Tush. Larnel and Mrs. Katz grow closer together as she teaches him all about her culture, and they find that their ancestors' histories are very similar. It's so sweet that Mrs. Katz becomes a part of his family as he grows up and becomes a father. ( )
  JodieWaits | Mar 11, 2018 |
This is a beautiful book about a friendship between an older woman and young boy. Larnel meets Mrs.Katz when his mothers visits her everyday. Mrs. Katz is a widow who is going through a difficult time getting over the death of her husband. One day Larnel gets the idea to give Mrs. Katz a kitten so she wouldn't be lonely anymore. She kept the kitten and called him Tush. The only condition to accepting the kitten would be that Larnel would have to come visit everyday and help take care of Tush. As the weeks went by Larnel sees Mrs. Katz as family and learns about her culture. He even spends a Jewish holiday, Passover, with her. As years go by we see their relationship turn into this amazing family bond. I can relate to this story because when I was little and had just moved into my house I met Mrs. Debbie. I now call her grandma. Family doesn't mean you have to share the same blood or culture. It just means you love and care for each other. Family means you are willing to be there for them through the good and the bad times. ( )
  Rvalencia | Feb 14, 2018 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Dec 12, 2017 |
This book is about Mrs. Katz and the cat name Tush left the house and come back with lot of kittens to fill up Mrs. Katz loneliness home. I like this book because I like cat and I will use it for my classroom to talk about grandparents and animal. It suit for 3rd-7th grader.
  HsaRay | Apr 12, 2017 |
To Madaline Roth Weinstein and her husband, Neil; c. 1 The Brodell Family; c. 2 In Honor of Henriette Mandel
Larnel didn't know Mrs. Katz very well, but almost every other day his mother stopped in to see her after work.

Larnel doesn't know his neighbor, Mrs. Katz, very well, until he asks her to adopt an abandoned kitten. Mrs. Katz agrees on one condition: that Larnel help her take care of the kitten she names Tush. When Larnel starts spending more and more time with Mrs. Katz to help with Tush, Mrs. Katz tells him stories about coming to America from Poland and about the good times she spent with her late husband. As Larnel grows to love Mrs. Katz, he also learns about the suffering and triumph black history shares with the Jewish heritage.

Patricia Pollaco has illustrated, as well as authored, countless picture books. She lives in Union City, Michigan.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:13 -0400)

A long-lasting friendship develops between Larnel, a young African-American, and Mrs. Katz, a lonely, Jewish widow, when Larnel presents Mrs. Katz with a scrawny kitten without a tail.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,762,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible