A Lick and a Promise by Jo Leigh

A Lick and a Promise

by Jo Leigh

251428,870 (2)None

I must be a masochist to keep picking up serial romance novels. This one was probably one of the worst one's I've read yet.

Our heroine, Margot, is a food stylist who likes to take over people's lives in order to mold them into who she thinks they should be. When the hero, Daniel, moves into her building she sees an exciting new project. So she sets out to a) change almost everything about him and b) have sex with him. She accomplishes both missions. While this is happening there's some mild drama involving both of their jobs that was pretty dull. Then Margot has a melt down and blames herself for everything that's wrong with the world and the hero grovels for no freakin reason in order to get her back.

So yeah, the heroine was annoying with the way she kind of plows through everyone's lives. I think the reader was supposed to find her charmingly eccentric but she just came off as pompous and annoying. Daniel was interesting in how he wanted to change his life, but I would have of liked to have seen him put up some resistance to Margot immediately trying to take over his personal life. If you're looking for a serial romance to pick up. I would avoid this one. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,912,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible