Now We Are Six by A. A. Milne

Now We Are Six

by A.A. Milne

Summary- The poetry by A. A. Milne is simple and beautiful. The author presents humor that can be enjoyed by adults and children. Christopher Robin and Winnie-the-Pooh are the best of friends and the story tells of the world's famous bear and his adventures. The illustrations are truly delightful and heartwarming.

Personal Reaction- Winnie-the-Pooh has always been one of my very favorites. I read the books growing up and watched The Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh. The books and poetry really make me feel like a child again and they make me feel so happy. The stories were always so interesting and there was always a new adventure to go on. The poetry is wonderful for people of all ages.

Classroom Extensions- The class will watch one of the classic episodes of Christopher Robin and Winnie-the-Pooh going on one of their adventures together.
The class will tell about their favorite character in the stories and why that is their favorite character. ( )
  Kateburke23 | Dec 2, 2017 |
Summary: This book is a wonderful introduction to Winnie the Pooh. With it's childlike introduction, whimsical rhyming, but good natured and calming affection for the reader, the poems which flow from each work not only bring a sense of calm bliss, but also relieve any stress that a person may have felt prior to reading this work.

Personal reaction: Again, this wasn't my favorite book in the series, but it was still very, very good and made me smile quite a lot. A great book for kids. Good imagery, good core concepts, all around fun.

Extension: Read this book with my class and have them discuss their favorite part throughout the poem.
  Raeanna_Guth | Dec 1, 2017 |
A nice little break from life, with all kinds of adventures. I do of course wish there'd been more of Winnie the Pooh, but nevertheless. Delightful. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jun 10, 2017 |
Summery: A book containing 19 different poems.

Classroom: Read with the students. Have the students write their own poems.
  mollyinger | Nov 30, 2016 |
Again, this wasn't my favorite book in the series, but it was still very, very good and made me smile quite a lot. A great book for kids. Good imagery, good core concepts, all around fun. I would recommend this book. 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Jul 23, 2016 |

Milne, A.A.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shepard, E.H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Anne Darlington, now she is seven and because she is so speshal.
Introduction: When you are reciting poetry, which is a thing we never do, you find sometimes, just as you are beginning, that Uncle John is still telling Aunt Rose that if he can't find his spectacles he won't be able to hear properly, and does she know where they are; and by the time everybody has stopped looking for them, you are at the last verse, and in another minute they will be saying, "Thank-you, thank-you," without really knowing what it was all about.
I have a house where I go
When there's too many people...

More entertaining verses and delightful pictures in the style of When We Were Very Young. "Gay verses about all manner of things, which with their original rhytm dance their way into memory."--Four to Forteen, , 1927

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:08 -0400)

A collection of poems reflecting the experiences of a little English boy growing up in the early part of the twentieth century.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,987,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible