Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Now We Are Six (Winnie-the-Pooh) by A. A.…

Now We Are Six (Winnie-the-Pooh) (edition 1988)

by A. A. Milne (Author), Ernest H. Shepard (Illustrator)

A collection of poems reflecting the experiences of a little English boy growing up in the early part of the twentieth century.
Member:EileenConnon
Title:Now We Are Six (Winnie-the-Pooh)
Authors:A. A. Milne (Author)
Other authors:Ernest H. Shepard (Illustrator)
Info:Dutton Books for Young Readers (1988), Edition: Reissue, 112 pages

Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne

poetry- narrative

Throughout this book of poems there are several pictures of a well-known toy bear, Winnie the Pooh. There is also mention of a bear who’s name is only sometimes Pooh, and of a Pooh who is not always a bear. And all of it looks at the world through the eyes of a small, active child normally Christopher Robin, a child between the ages of three and six whose mind is full of questions and games and make-believe.

I love the book because of the stories it shares. I don't know anyone who dislikes Winnie the Pooh. These poems have rhymes and rhythm that make the words flow, and fun to read. I think students would enjoy this book.
  KelcieBailey | Nov 15, 2020 |
New copies of old favourites bought for my grandchildren. They have not shown as much interest as I would have expected. ( )
  KarenCollyer | Oct 26, 2020 |
You don't get much better than A.A. Milne when it comes to children's books, and E.H. Shepard's illustrations are the perfect accompaniment. The verse in here still pops into my head, many many years after it was first read to me.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
A continuation of the first poetry collection, but slightly more entertaining and substantive. ( )
  peterbmacd | May 17, 2020 |
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |

Milne, A.A.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Shepard, E.H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Anne Darlington, now she is seven and because she is so speshal.
Introduction: When you are reciting poetry, which is a thing we never do, you find sometimes, just as you are beginning, that Uncle John is still telling Aunt Rose that if he can't find his spectacles he won't be able to hear properly, and does she know where they are; and by the time everybody has stopped looking for them, you are at the last verse, and in another minute they will be saying, "Thank-you, thank-you," without really knowing what it was all about.
I have a house where I go
When there's too many people...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,610,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible