The Sunrise Lands by S. M. Stirling

Fantasy,Post-apocalyptic
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
11/11 I'm a little less consumed this time through- primarily because I know how many more books I have to get through before Rudi gets where he's going. But love this series? Yes, I most emphatically do.

12/10 I'm consumed by this post-apocalyptic, dystopian series. I'm enjoying it mightily, though I admit to skimming some of the "his sword sunk through the enemy's flesh like a slaughtering angel, the bright gouts of blood" blah blah blah.

There's some delicate and delightful cribbing of tone from LotR, in addition to the more overt and equally fun homage. The switch of perspective from the older generation to the younger, post-Change set is welcome.

satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Original given the first three books in the series to read by my son, awhile ago. Purchased the series, to have in my own library. What would you do if there was no power, gunpowder doesn't work and machinery will not work. You are forced back to the time of swords and bow and arrows. It's a time of fight or die to survive. Its an interesting journey and will keep you riveted to the books to see how it unfolds. Excellent books. Well written. ( )
  DocWalt10 | Feb 2, 2013 |
The latest installment in Stirling's post-apocalyptic series. Rudi and his friends continue to travel across the remains of the USA on their quest. Stirling does a good job with characters and challenging plots, though after a while the constant travel and conflict with the CUTTERs gets a little old. Still, I found this fun to read and I enjoy all of the books in the series. ( )
  Karlstar | Nov 6, 2012 |
The Novels of the Change are two distinct series but showing as the Nantucket series. This is the seventh book in the series but the fourth book in the Change series taking place on the contential United States. The other three books are about Nantucket after the change. This book brings to us Change Year 22. ( )
  DocWalt10 | Jul 22, 2012 |
to Jan, forever and ever
Ingolf Vogeler slapped his horse affectionately on the neck; he felt a little better now that the rain had stopped, even though it was the tag end of a chilly October day with a ragged sky the color of damp raw wool rolling in from the west.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451462254, Mass Market Paperback)

Rudi MacKenzie has grown up knowing that he will one day assume leadership over the survivors of the technological disaster known as the Change. But a prophecy made at his birth spoke of an even greater destiny?a destiny that is about to be fulfilled. A mysterious traveler from Nantucket, long rumored to be the source of the Change, arrives on a mission to bring Rudi back with him. And between him and his destiny lies the the cult of a madman determined to stop him?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:18 -0400)

A generation after the Change that rendered all technology inoperable around the world, a man known as the Prophet, head of the Church Universal and Triumphant, begins exhorting his followers to destroy the remnants of technological civilization.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,484,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible