The Sunrise Lands by S. M. Stirling

The Sunrise Lands

by S. M. Stirling

7551912,297 (3.86)11

this series is actually getting better as it progresses. i am hooked! ( )
  Darth-Heather | May 31, 2016 |
This is a novel in the continuing series begun by Stirling in "Dies The Fire". That book is about the world as it is hit with a cosmic catastrophe that throws the world back into a pre-industrial age where there is no electricity, no gunpowder, no combustion of any kind. The great metropolitan centers become death lands. The world must rebuild itself from scratch. The Sunrise Lands is the continuing story, 20 years later, about the children of those people who survived The Change. This books starts off on a run, with excitement and intrigue building in the very first pages. The book quickly gets us into a new story line with the children of the leaders of the new world after the change. If you liked the original series, this new series will satisfy your appetite for more. ( )
  Marc_Mccune | Apr 11, 2016 |
Micah loaned me his copy of the book. Its a well loved paperback. I finished it last night, so less than a week to read. He assured me that I didn't need to read the Nantucket series. I do have the first one from the library and may give it a whirl.

We only make it to Boise in this book. We end with Matti and Odard given up to the Prophet's men by Odard's man Alex. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Fantasy,Post-apocalyptic
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
11/11 I'm a little less consumed this time through- primarily because I know how many more books I have to get through before Rudi gets where he's going. But love this series? Yes, I most emphatically do.

12/10 I'm consumed by this post-apocalyptic, dystopian series. I'm enjoying it mightily, though I admit to skimming some of the "his sword sunk through the enemy's flesh like a slaughtering angel, the bright gouts of blood" blah blah blah.

There's some delicate and delightful cribbing of tone from LotR, in addition to the more overt and equally fun homage. The switch of perspective from the older generation to the younger, post-Change set is welcome.

satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |

S. M. Stirlingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Legato, GingerDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lundgren, RayCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Skinner, CortneyMapsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to Jan, forever and ever
Ingolf Vogeler slapped his horse affectionately on the neck; he felt a little better now that the rain had stopped, even though it was the tag end of a chilly October day with a ragged sky the color of damp raw wool rolling in from the west.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451462254, Mass Market Paperback)

Rudi MacKenzie has grown up knowing that he will one day assume leadership over the survivors of the technological disaster known as the Change. But a prophecy made at his birth spoke of an even greater destiny?a destiny that is about to be fulfilled. A mysterious traveler from Nantucket, long rumored to be the source of the Change, arrives on a mission to bring Rudi back with him. And between him and his destiny lies the the cult of a madman determined to stop him?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:21 -0400)

A generation after the Change that rendered all technology inoperable around the world, a man known as the Prophet, head of the Church Universal and Triumphant, begins exhorting his followers to destroy the remnants of technological civilization.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,314,000 books! | Top bar: Always visible