Paris by Alan Tillier

Authors:Alan Tillier
Info:Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd (1993), Paperback, 432 pages
Tags:travel

DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: Paris by Alan Tillier

I always love reading the DK / Eyewitness travel guides... Highly detailed, interesting, and of of course, visual. There are vibrant photos on each page, while still leaving enough room for dialogue on history, culture, society, and much else. ( )
  joririchardson | Jan 19, 2010 |
Indispensible! A Must-Have for those who truly wants to....: ...experience Paris. It is a dream to use, very clear and user-friendly. The street-by-street maps were invaluable. There were also detailed maps and descriptions of individual sites (like museums, and Versailles) which guided you through the highlights of those sites. I would use it constantly, so it was hardly ever in my bag. Even my husband, who is anti-guidebook, used it too! We ended up seeing and enjoying more of Paris than I could ever have imagined beacuse of the detail included in this book.
  iayork | Aug 9, 2009 |
If just take one guide to Paris, make it this one. Great maps and suggestions. Easy to use. Heavy! ( )
  dianaleez | Feb 14, 2009 |
It is outstanding. The illustrations are excellent, the maps accurate and detailed. The only better map is the No 2 Plan to public transport available free from Metro stations, which shows metro , RER and bus routes with named streets, and the more expensive book maps by arrondissement available in Paris.
But unless you want to cart around two books, the maps in this volume are excellent (warning: there are a few places they DON'T cover, so if you are planning visits to some of the less touristed arrondissements, you will need a map book as well).

I used this in conjunction with Fodor's Around Paris With Kids, and together they covered everything we needed as a family.

The house style of Eyewitness Guides is now well-known, and this volume is as good as, if not better, than any. You really can't go wrong if you pack this. It will even make you want to go places you might otherwise have dismissed. ( )
  saliero | Jun 14, 2007 |
This guide was very useful when we visited Paris. Good information, and beautiful color photos. I found this to be a complete and useful guide. ( )
  herebedragons | Jan 29, 2007 |

Tillier, Alanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Slob, MarjanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Toscani, JacquelineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 075661547X, Paperback)

The Eyewitness Travel Guide helps you to get the most out of your trip with minimum difficulties. The opening section Introducing Paris locates the city geographically, sets modern Parisian its historical context and explains how Parisian life changes through the years. Paris At a Glance is an overview of the city's specialties. The main sightseeing section of the book is Paris Area by Area. It describes all the main sights with maps, photographs and detailed illustrations. Get to know Paris with The Eyewitness Travel Guide.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:24 -0400)

Describes highlights of each region of the city; recommends hotels, shops, restaurants, and art galleries; and offers a brief survey of the city's history.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1405317337, 140536873X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,259,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible