Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, Vol. 1 by…
Member:burningwasteland
Title:Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, Vol. 1
Authors:Joss Whedon
Other authors:Others, Eric Powell, Joe Bennett
Info:Dark Horse (2007), Edition: Dark Horse Omnibus (6x9 inch), Paperback, 296 pages

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, Volume 1 by Joss Whedon

*Book source ~ Home library

This graphic novel starts before Buffy goes to Sunnydale and contains her life in L.A. after Merrick, her Watcher, tells her that’s she’s the new Slayer. There are some Sunnydale scenes interspersed here and there and it flips back and forth between the stories and, after Origin, Giles being tested to see if he’s worthy of being the Slayer’s new Watcher.

All’s Fair ~ A Spike and Dru story set at the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair. Man, I love these two crazy vamps.

The Origin ~ The story of how Buffy became the Chosen One.

Viva Las Buffy ~ Buffy and her friend Pike follow a lead about a vampire casino all the way to Vegas. Seeing Buffy in that coat check girl outfit, it’s hard to remember she’s still only 15. Woah.

Dawn & Hoopy the Bear ~ Not bad, but it’s about Dawn who shouldn’t even be included in the past stories because she doesn’t show up until Season 5. So…blerg.

Slayer, Interrupted ~ Ah, nice to get the skinny on when Buffy spent time in a mental institution since she mentions it in Season 6.

The artwork is fantastic and the stories kept my attention. Even though the Dawn story irritated me, it was still a decent read. I am so looking forward to continuing with the omnibus books and any other Buffyverse material I can get my greedy mitts on. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Mar 8, 2016 |
So I never read this series before b/c somehow in my head it was stupid, which doesn't make any sense b/c I read Frey and loved it, adore the movie and watched at least the 6 years of the series and enjoyed it. (I stopped watching due to scheduling conflicts w/ school.)

This volume covers the movie and the time between the show starting and the movie. I was always dying to know what happened with Pike so this totally filled that need. I like that they went back and added Dawn. It makes sense in the context of what show watchers know happened and I always liked Dawn so it will be nice to see how she fits into the earlier mix. You also get the history of Giles wich is amazing b/c I have always loved Giles and was sad when he was written off the show.

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159307784X, Paperback)

The definitive comics collection of all things Buffy starts here. This first massive volume begins at the beginning - The Origin, a faithful adaptation of creator Joss Whedon's original screenplay for the film that started it all. The newly-chosen slayer's road to Sunnydale continues in Viva Las Buffy and Slayer, Interrupted. Next, high school, the Scoobies and an English librarian lead the way into Season One continuity. Plus, The Goon creator Eric Powell provides pencils to "All's Fair," featuring Spike and Drusilla at the 1933 World's Fair.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:45 -0400)

Describes the events that led Buffy to become a vampire slayer and her adventures once she accepts her destiny.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,503,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible