Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, Vol. 1 by…
Member:burningwasteland
Title:Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, Vol. 1
Authors:Joss Whedon
Other authors:Others, Eric Powell, Joe Bennett
Info:Dark Horse (2007), Edition: Dark Horse Omnibus (6x9 inch), Paperback, 296 pages

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, Volume 1 by Joss Whedon

So I never read this series before b/c somehow in my head it was stupid, which doesn't make any sense b/c I read Frey and loved it, adore the movie and watched at least the 6 years of the series and enjoyed it. (I stopped watching due to scheduling conflicts w/ school.)

This volume covers the movie and the time between the show starting and the movie. I was always dying to know what happened with Pike so this totally filled that need. I like that they went back and added Dawn. It makes sense in the context of what show watchers know happened and I always liked Dawn so it will be nice to see how she fits into the earlier mix. You also get the history of Giles wich is amazing b/c I have always loved Giles and was sad when he was written off the show.

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
I never had a chance to really read any of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comics before the Season Eight 'reboot'/continuation of the series and so this omnibus was both convenient and very cool.

I didn't love the art, but really liked the five stories that were contained in the collection.

The re-imagined (based on Joss Whedon's original less campy movie script) movie, Buffy: Origin was cool, but I really liked the story of Buffy in the mental institution, Slayer Interrupted. I had liked the episode it was 'based' on 'Normal Again' and this just made that even better. ( )
  DanieXJ | Sep 29, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159307784X, Paperback)

The definitive comics collection of all things Buffy starts here. This first massive volume begins at the beginning - The Origin, a faithful adaptation of creator Joss Whedon's original screenplay for the film that started it all. The newly-chosen slayer's road to Sunnydale continues in Viva Las Buffy and Slayer, Interrupted. Next, high school, the Scoobies and an English librarian lead the way into Season One continuity. Plus, The Goon creator Eric Powell provides pencils to "All's Fair," featuring Spike and Drusilla at the 1933 World's Fair.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:45 -0400)

Describes the events that led Buffy to become a vampire slayer and her adventures once she accepts her destiny.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,141,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible