The Princess and the Kiss by Jennie Bishop

The Princess and the Kiss (edition 2009)

by Jennie Bishop, Preston McDaniels (Illustrator)

Member:Adele93
Title:The Princess and the Kiss
Authors:Jennie Bishop
Other authors:Preston McDaniels (Illustrator)
Info:Warner Pr (2009), Edition: Har/Com, Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:**
Tags:Princess, purity, religion, God, kiss, prince

Princess & the Kiss: A Story of God's Gift of Purity by Jennie Bishop

Summary:
The princess and the Kiss features a king, queen and their daughter that was presented with a gift from God. The princess has her first kiss, she can keep or give away. The princess learns she is to wait for a man who is worthy of her precious gift. The story is lengthy at times while having a surprise answer that will touch the heart of parent and a child.

Personal Reaction:
I learned an important message that "Love, comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith" (1 Timothy 1:5). There is someone special that God has chosen for you. You need to be patient and never give up on God. It is a life lesson on purity and saving yourself for marriage.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. In the classroom, I would share this book with girls ages 4-8. It would be a great book for teaching responsibility to help our children learn who they are, where they came from, why they are on this earth, and where they are going when they leave. This outstanding story helps them understand WHO they are, that they are precious to their parents, and that they can understand and live by principles that will preserve their lives.
2. In addition, young children need to know God wants us to "wait" for the person He has for us...not to "be with" just anyone! I would certainly show sex is being taught everywhere unfortunately and investigate the wrong reasons of having sex before marriage. ( )
  memre | Feb 12, 2014 |
We love this book. A great book for younger kids learning about courtship. ( )
  daphnemomof9 | Apr 14, 2009 |
A book I'm going to read to my daughter because a kiss is more than just a kiss. ( )
  MaggiRayne | Nov 29, 2006 |

A loving king and queen present their daughter with a gift from God - her first kiss - to keep or to give away. The wise girl waits for the man who is worthy of her precious gift. Where is he and how will she ever find him? The surprising answer in this marvelous parable will touch the heart of parent and child alike.The Princess and the Kiss beautifully portrays the ageless message that "love... comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith" (1 Timothy 1:5 NIV)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:50 -0400)

"A loving king and queen present their daughter with a gift from God--her first kiss--to keep or give away. The wise girl waits for the man who is worthy of her precious gift ..."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,624,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible