Noah's Ark by Peter Spier

Noah's Ark (edition 1977)

by Peter Spier

Member:panfeng1115
Title:Noah's Ark
Authors:Peter Spier
Info:Doubleday Books for Young Readers (1977), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 48 pages
Tags:Children's picture book

Noah's Ark by Peter Spier

Recently added byfhcrclarc, Lvkidsbooks, PlymouthCC, KnoxUnitedChurch, private library, kstoy

I loved this book. The pictures were so detailed that while looking through and trying to understand what's going on, you really feel like the pictures come to life and you're in the book. It was easy to understand the theme and plot of the book.
  Chelsea07127 | Sep 8, 2016 |
This book has great illustrations that tell a story without using words. At times, the pictures keep you so captive, you forget the book does not have words. Although each page only contains imaginary, it still engages the reader and allows each reader to create their own interpretation of the story. An example would be near the middle of the story when the illustrations show a picture of all the animals Noah is putting on the boat. Students may wonder, "Is going to put all the animals on the boat, or how is he going to fit them all?"
  tsmugz | Sep 8, 2016 |
The illustrations in Noah's Ark are extremely detailed and intricate. Before exploring this book, I did not know how much I was going to get from it without text. When I was looking at the illustrations, I felt like I was in the story. This wordless book uses detailed images to relay the story which I think is an awesome and unique way to explore a story.
  kerrihopethomas | Sep 8, 2016 |
Summary: Noah's Ark is a picture book that has wonderful pictures that tell the story without words. It shows animals of all shapes and sizes going together to the ark. It shows the rain pouring down and flooding the land and that anyone or thing that did not get in the ark did not make it though the flooding. It shows the land return and they make their piece with God and get to start life all over.

Personal Reaction: My reaction to this book was that I loved it. I do not really like picture books being that there are no words at all but this one I enjoyed because it has a amazing meaning behind it and for a child it tells the story wonderfully where they can understand it on their own what happens.

Classroom extensions: One extension you can do with this book is to ask the students what they got out of the book or what they thought it meant and have them share with the class. Another extension you could do would be to have a sheet for them with all the different animals on it and have them color the animals and then label what animal it is. ( )
  CherokeeDavies | Jul 12, 2016 |
This is a wordless picture book. The illustrations are incredibly detailed and most importantly, accurate. I highly recommend this book as one to use for introducing a child to a book and its orientation. ( )
  ZetherBooks | Jun 15, 2016 |

Peter Spierprimary authorall editionscalculated
Revius, JacobDichtersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westrup, Jadwiga P.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

"Noah's Ark" is a religious and faith based story that will help children gain a better understanding on God and His great phenomenons. God informs the diligent man, Noah, about a severe flood that will wash out all the animals and all the lands. He tells Noah to build a great ark and save every type of animal found in the world, yet only one female and one male from each--no more. When Moses tries to inform his town about the terrible storm that is about to commence, they refuse to believe him. Does Moses build a ark big and strong enough to protect not only him, but the animals as well? Read and find out!

The bee and the fox, the sheep and the ox--two of each kind trudged aboard Noah's famous vessel. Peter Spier uses his own translation of a seventeenth-century Dutch poem about this most famous menagerie.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:02 -0400)

Retells in pictures how a pair of every manner of creature climbed on board Noah's ark and thereby survived the Flood.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,619,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible