LA TORRE OSCURA VOL. 02: LA LLEGADA DE LOS…

LA TORRE OSCURA VOL. 02: LA LLEGADA DE LOS TRES (edition 2008)

by STEPHEN KING

Member:apalomo
Title:LA TORRE OSCURA VOL. 02: LA LLEGADA DE LOS TRES
Authors:STEPHEN KING
Info:PLAZA & JANES EDITORES (2008), Hardcover, 544 pages

The Drawing Of The Three by Stephen King

The Talisman by Stephen King (Valjeanne)
    Valjeanne: A real page-turner collaboration between Peter Straub and Stephen King! More "flipping" between alternate dimensions, shape-shifting good guys and bad guys, and a hero you'll love. :-)

English (150)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (2)  Norwegian (1)  German (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All (1)  All (161)

The Drawing of the Three starts a few hours after the ending of The Gunslinger. Roland is still on his quest for the dark Tower.

In the course of this story, Roland gets two companions. He visits their world on three different occasions and times using three doors he finds standing on their own miles from each other. That would be the sum of it, but this being a Stephen King's work, you know you can expect a lot more.
While I hated Detta with a passion and found Eddie's naiveté annoying at times, I really liked the story itself. And Roland, of course. ( )
  Aneris | Apr 22, 2017 |
The amazing second chapter of the Dark Tower series guides our hero Roland to seek 3 companions from our world into his "world that has moved on". Full of great personal struggles and epic battles for survival, The Drawing Of The Three is sure to draw you in. ( )
  Emery_Demers | Apr 14, 2017 |
The least favorite of the series for me thus far. While I really enjoy the storyline, it is written in a very crude and vulgar way which to me is unnecessary. No prude am I but I find that vulgarity to the extreme is not necessary to further the story. If it weren't such an interesting story - rather like the making of a legend - I would not recommend it. ( )
  kp9949 | Mar 26, 2017 |
I love this book so sue me. ( )
  jjaylynny | Nov 12, 2016 |
I enjoyed this 2nd book more than the first. I wanted to go back to this to find out what happened, more than I did the first. None of the characters are at all pleasant but I wanted to see what was next. And boy, the split personality woman was horrible. ( )
  infjsarah | Sep 24, 2016 |

King, Stephenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hale, PhilIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Don Grant, who's taken a chance on these novels, one by one.
The gunslinger came awake from a confused dream which seemed to consist of a single image: that of the Sailor in the Tarot deck from which the man in black had dealt (or purported to deal) the gunslinger's own moaning future.

(Prologue)
Three. This is the number of your fate.
The horror was a crawling thing which must have been cast up by a previous wave. It dragged a wet, gleaming body laboriously along the sand. It was about four feet long and about four yards to the right.
Flip-flop hippety hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life's a fiction and the world's a lie, so put on some Creedence and lets get high.

After his confrontation with the man in black at the end of The Gunslinger, Roland awakes to find three doors on the beach of Mid-World's Western Sea—each leading to New York City but at three different moments in time. Through these doors, Roland must "draw" three figures crucial to his quest for the Dark Tower. In 1987, he finds Eddie Dean, The Prisoner, a heroin addict. In 1964, he meets Odetta Holmes, the Lady of Shadows, a young African-American heiress who lost her lower legs in a subway accident and gained a second personality that rages within her. And in 1977, he encounters Jack mort, Death, a pusher responsible for cruelties beyond imagining. Has Roland found new companions to form the ka-tet of his quest? Or has he unleashed something else entirely?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:47 -0400)

Roland is drawn through a gateway of time and space into the drug-and-crime-ridden world of the twentieth-century to battle a dark power determined to prevent his search for the Dark Tower.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,798,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible