The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower,…

The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, Book 2) (edition 2003)

by Stephen King

11,865178315 (4.09)1 / 173
Member:ChelleBearss
Title:The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, Book 2)
Authors:Stephen King
Info:Signet (2003), Edition: Revised, Paperback, 480 pages

The Drawing Of The Three by Stephen King

The Talisman by Stephen King (Valjeanne)
    Valjeanne: A real page-turner collaboration between Peter Straub and Stephen King! More "flipping" between alternate dimensions, shape-shifting good guys and bad guys, and a hero you'll love. :-)

English (167)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (177)
Not quite as brilliant as the first volume in my mind, but still extremely good. Expanding the universe, introducing Susannah and Eddie (boy is he annoying though), and pushing ever onwards. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |
Even though I read the book, I felt like an audio reading would be a good thing. This is one of the most important books of the series as Roland joins forces with Eddie Dean and Odetta Holmes (Susannah Dean) to save the dark tower. It is rich in symbol and allegory. This is my 3rd time reading and I did enjoy it more than The Gunslinger. I liked that this book bought Roland to New York where Roland meets a new adversary, Jack Mort. I'm looking forward to the next book, The Waste Lands. ( )
  EadieB | Jul 15, 2018 |
For me this is the best of series: development of Roland, and Eddie and especially Odetta/Detta/Susannah - the most complicated of the three. The incredible imagery of the suspended doors, and being able to step in and control another body other than yours. There is so much to love in this novel, and with each step you are never sure how it will go. Stephen King has a particular way of telling a story that gives you so much of the characters, you feel you know them personally, but at the same time perfects the ability to create suspense and the compulsion to read on. I can't wait to read the next one now. ( )
  purplequeennl | Jul 11, 2018 |
One of the most important books of the series as Roland joins forces with Eddie Dean and Odetta Holmes (Susannah Dean) to save the dark tower. It is rich in symbol and allegory. This is my 2nd time reading and I did enjoy it more than The Gunslinger. I liked that this book bought Roland to New York. Roland meets a new adversary, Jack Mort. I'm looking forward to the next book, The Waste Lands. ( )
  EadieB | Jun 24, 2018 |
The continuation of Roland's story, the plot picks up its pace, but continues to deliver a punch and twist when least expected. A fantastic series so far, and I am looking forward to the next installment. ( )
  m_mozeleski | May 13, 2018 |

King, Stephenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hale, PhilIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Don Grant, who's taken a chance on these novels, one by one.
The gunslinger came awake from a confused dream which seemed to consist of a single image: that of the Sailor in the Tarot deck from which the man in black had dealt (or purported to deal) the gunslinger's own moaning future.

(Prologue)
Three. This is the number of your fate.
The horror was a crawling thing which must have been cast up by a previous wave. It dragged a wet, gleaming body laboriously along the sand. It was about four feet long and about four yards to the right.
Flip-flop hippety hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life's a fiction and the world's a lie, so put on some Creedence and lets get high.

After his confrontation with the man in black at the end of The Gunslinger, Roland awakes to find three doors on the beach of Mid-World's Western Sea—each leading to New York City but at three different moments in time. Through these doors, Roland must "draw" three figures crucial to his quest for the Dark Tower. In 1987, he finds Eddie Dean, The Prisoner, a heroin addict. In 1964, he meets Odetta Holmes, the Lady of Shadows, a young African-American heiress who lost her lower legs in a subway accident and gained a second personality that rages within her. And in 1977, he encounters Jack mort, Death, a pusher responsible for cruelties beyond imagining. Has Roland found new companions to form the ka-tet of his quest? Or has he unleashed something else entirely?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:47 -0400)

Roland is drawn through a gateway of time and space into the drug-and-crime-ridden world of the twentieth-century to battle a dark power determined to prevent his search for the Dark Tower.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible