It's a Jungle Out There by Ron Snell

"It's a Jungle Out There"

by Ron Snell

Ron Snell, was conceived in the Amazon rain forest and raised there with his misisonary family among the Machiguenga people group.
  heritagechurch | Feb 22, 2011 |
When you were a kid, did you ever daydream about growing up someplace exotic? The rough and tumble wild west? The mysterious orient? The jungles of Africa? Well, Ron Snell did grow up in a jungle. (In Peru, not Africa, but hey, a jungle's a jungle.) He was a missionary kid in the 1950s and in this book--the first volume of The Rani Adventures--he tells tales of his childhood. Unlike most (all?) missionary biographies I've read, there's a lot more humor than religion in the story. Actually, that may not be accurate. The faith of "Rani", his family, friends and neighbors is woven throughout the stories in the book. It just serves more as the foundation of his life rather than the ornamentation. Anyway, the book's a fun read and I'll have to steal this book from my kids once they're done with it.
--J. ( )
  Hamburgerclan | Nov 15, 2007 |

I wouldn't trade my childhood for any other. Conceived in the Amazon rainforest, I learned to walk and talk among the Machiguenga Indians who, to this day, I call Rani.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:58 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,693,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible