Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

Love, Rosie (edition 2006)

by Cecelia Ahern

Member:LauraBrook
Title:Love, Rosie
Authors:Cecelia Ahern
Info:Hyperion (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:epistolary, friendship, love, UK, Ireland

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (Author)

PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (aliciagarcia)
    aliciagarcia: Si te gustó Posdata: te amo y disfrutaste con la película, Un regalo del cielo te encantará. A mí me está entusiasmando.
    Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (BhGardengirl)
    The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (krizia_lazaro)

English (76)  German (5)  Swedish (1)  Norwegian (1)  Catalan (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All (86)
I never thought I'll read another book by Cecelia Ahern. But oh well. This was a gift from a dear friend who first called me and asked if I had read anything by Ahern. When I confirmed nothing apart from P.S. I Love you, she bought this for me. Now the best part of receiving this book was that I had been reading a lot of serious stuff so this proved to be a delightful distraction until I started reading more. I love writing/reading letters/mails so the format of the book interested me. It was really nice to read the beautifully drafted letters and emails Alex and Rosie shared between them. The typo errors they made really did give me a hearty laugh. This was a very heart-warming book until these two never share their feelings for each other. I suppose that was the author's intention. What I realised is that I am so not meant for chick-lit however hard I try.

Cecelia Ahern writes beautifully. I admit I like her narrative style and her imagination. Were this a true, real life story I would already shake both Alex and Rosie hard somewhere when they are still in their thirties and not make them wait until they reach the golden peak in their lives. Because a life thus led in remorse and sacrifice and silent love hurts a lot. We experience it within our lifetime how missed opportunities to express love or letting go loved ones hurt. No one should wait forever or it becomes too late to live that love. Since I tend to get involved completely into my book characters, I wouldn't want them to inflict misery and sadness all over themselves. Thus said, hopefully this was it. I cannot get myself to read another heartbreaking Ahern book anytime in the near future. ( )
  Sharayu_Gangurde | Jan 19, 2017 |
Rosie and Alex are best friends since their first day at school. They stick together through thick and thin. They keep their friendship alive via Emails, letters, SMS and Chat even when Alex moves to America. The main question is, if they will ever be able to be more than friends.

The book is charming and I fell in love with Alex and Rosie. But some parts are far to lengthy. But the charming and humorous conversations between Rosie and Alex and their friends and families compensate this disadvantage. The Book is a typical love story à la Cecelia Ahern, entertaining and fun. ( )
  Lovelymixblog | Jan 14, 2017 |
This entire book boils down to the consequences what happened one moment of one day. Who know that one thing would snowball and effect everything else?

The writing style is very unique in that the entire book is made up for written communication between all the characters in the forms of texts, letters, emails, and online chats. I kind of knew this going into it, but I figured there would be some sort of back story to go along with it... Nope. The entire book is literally made up of communications back and forth between all the different characters. It puts a unqiue spin, but it gets kind of old after a while because you are left to fill in the blanks yourself since the author doesn't provide you with any additional information.

Full review and more:
http://southernbredsouthernread.blogspot.com/2015/01/love-rosie-by-cecelia-ahern... ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
I loved this book. The way it's written is brilliant. The characters have depth, the whole thing is just brilliant. I have watched the film of this but the book is so much better. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Oct 31, 2016 |
Love, Rosie is formatted in letters, emails and postcards written back and forth between Rosie and her family and friends. The story cover Rosie's life from age 5 to 50 and touches on so many vital life experiences. Rosie has many ups and downs and her friend Alex is always there for her. This is not the typical romantic comedy but I did really enjoy it. It got frustrating at times because the characters would make silly mistakes but such is life! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |

Ahern, CeceliaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mimmie
To Alex: You are invited to my 7th birthday party on Tuesday the 8th of April in my house.
Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. We grab a quick few minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appointments. And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were spent the best way they possibly could.
British Title, Where Rainbows End. American titles, Love, Rosie & Rosie Dunne

The new novel from the number 1 bestselling author of PS, I Love You is a bittersweet tale of childhood friends Rosie and Alex whose relationship must survive many trials and tribulations, not least the discovery of their true feelings for one another. From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America -- and Alex goes with them. For good. Rosie's lost without her best friend. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever -- and keep her at home in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each other's lives but neither of them knows whether their friendship can really survive the years and miles -- as well as new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them out of each others' arms, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything -- including their friendship -- for true love? Destiny, Alex and Rosie discover, is a funny thing and fate isn't quite done with them yet...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:01 -0400)

Destiny as Alex and Rose discover is a funny thing and it isn't quite done with them yet... Rosie and Alex have a strong friendship which has carried them from naughty children to rebellious teenagers. Then suddenly they are seperated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America and Alex goes with them for good. Rosie is lost without him and plans to join Alex in Boston are stopped when Rosie gets news that will change her life forever and keep her in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of life, but will their relationship survive the years and miles that seperate them.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,834,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible