Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

Love, Rosie (edition 2006)

by Cecelia Ahern

Title:Love, Rosie
Authors:Cecelia Ahern
Info:Hyperion (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Tags:epistolary, friendship, love, UK, Ireland

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (Author)

PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (aliciagarcia)
    aliciagarcia: Si te gustó Posdata: te amo y disfrutaste con la película, Un regalo del cielo te encantará. A mí me está entusiasmando.
    Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (BhGardengirl)
    The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (krizia_lazaro)

English (72)  German (5)  Swedish (1)  Norwegian (1)  Catalan (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (82)
Love, Rosie is formatted in letters, emails and postcards written back and forth between Rosie and her family and friends. The story cover Rosie's life from age 5 to 50 and touches on so many vital life experiences. Rosie has many ups and downs and her friend Alex is always there for her. This is not the typical romantic comedy but I did really enjoy it. It got frustrating at times because the characters would make silly mistakes but such is life! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
Quite a few years ago I had read P.S. I Love You so I was very excited to find this title on NetGalley! My excitement ended there. The book is written as a series of letters and e-mails. I was hoping it was just going to be that first chapter. It was cute reading the letters written by young Rosie and Alex. But when that format continued throughout the entire book... No thanks. I found that it made it impossible for me to connect to either of the main characters and I found myself skimming more than I would like to admit. Unfortunately it was enough of an annoyance to me that I decided to not finish the book. It made me kind of sad because based on the plot summary this was a book I should have loved! But I just could not get passed the way the book was written. I guess I'll have to see the movie to find out what happens. I'll give it 2 stars rather than 1 because I really do think I would have loved this story if the writing style hadn't gotten in the way. ( )
  pennma05 | Jul 21, 2016 |
I LOVE the movie more, but the book is SO good!! ( )
  tleigh89 | Jul 9, 2016 |
A light, poignant story about two childhood friends with the worst timing. And even though it takes them years to get there, they find each other in the end ♡

This is written in letter format - which I normally dislike, but Ahern made it work. ( )
  CatherineHsu | Jun 8, 2016 |
This is an amazing book who opened my mind and made me dream of «what if». I truly love that the characters seemed to come to life while reading the book, and I found myself smiling and crying by the end of it. For a few days after the first time I read it, I couldn't stop asking myself if anything could be really be impossible. ( )
  mari16 | May 26, 2016 |

Ahern, CeceliaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mimmie
To Alex: You are invited to my 7th birthday party on Tuesday the 8th of April in my house.
Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. We grab a quick few minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appointments. And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were spent the best way they possibly could.
British Title, Where Rainbows End. American titles, Love, Rosie & Rosie Dunne

The new novel from the number 1 bestselling author of PS, I Love You is a bittersweet tale of childhood friends Rosie and Alex whose relationship must survive many trials and tribulations, not least the discovery of their true feelings for one another. From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America -- and Alex goes with them. For good. Rosie's lost without her best friend. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever -- and keep her at home in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each other's lives but neither of them knows whether their friendship can really survive the years and miles -- as well as new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them out of each others' arms, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything -- including their friendship -- for true love? Destiny, Alex and Rosie discover, is a funny thing and fate isn't quite done with them yet...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:01 -0400)

Destiny as Alex and Rose discover is a funny thing and it isn't quite done with them yet... Rosie and Alex have a strong friendship which has carried them from naughty children to rebellious teenagers. Then suddenly they are seperated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America and Alex goes with them for good. Rosie is lost without him and plans to join Alex in Boston are stopped when Rosie gets news that will change her life forever and keep her in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of life, but will their relationship survive the years and miles that seperate them.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,686,553 books! | Top bar: Always visible