Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

Love, Rosie (edition 2006)

by Cecelia Ahern

Title:Love, Rosie
Authors:Cecelia Ahern
Info:Hyperion (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Tags:epistolary, friendship, love, UK, Ireland

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (Author)

PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (aliciagarcia)
    aliciagarcia: Si te gustó Posdata: te amo y disfrutaste con la película, Un regalo del cielo te encantará. A mí me está entusiasmando.
    Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (BhGardengirl)
    The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (krizia_lazaro)

English (62)  German (5)  Swedish (1)  Norwegian (1)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (71)
Written solely in the form of correspondences (letters, emails, online chats) Love, Rosie tells the story of Rosie and Alex over the span of 45 years. At first, I was unsure if I'd like this format, but I ended up thinking it worked really well. It allows you to get a glimpse of not only Rosie's and Alex's life/thoughts, but also those of their family and friends.

Alex and Rosie meet as young children and quickly become best friends. Their feelings for each other grow over the years, yet they never seem to leave the platonic stage of their relationship. At times I found this frustrating and wanted to yell at the characters "Just tell each other how you feel already!" So much heartache and insecurities could have been avoided if they had. The struggles they endured, the loss and the happy times, all felt very real and made the characters feel real too.

Perhaps the only complaint I have is that I felt the story dragged on. There were some conversations I found pointless or long winded. The journey could have been just as authentic and more impactful with less. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Nov 12, 2015 |
This is an okay book. I must admit it is one of the few books where the movie is actually better than the book it was based on. The book just seemed to drag on after a while. ( )
  yukon92 | Oct 31, 2015 |
A cute, fun read. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it. The constant non-alignment of the stars for Alex and Rosie was really frustrating, but I did like the format. It was interesting getting a full story through letters, e-mails, and instant messages between characters. You were still able to get to know the characters (Rosie in particular), but at the same time there was a distance between them. I can't say I loved the very end when the perspective switched after the last letter, but the book was a fun, easy read. ( )
  klack128 | Oct 11, 2015 |
I freaking loved this one so so so much. It was stressing me out how they couldnt get together all throughout their lives.. But then without that, there wouldnt be a story. There are a lot of things that are different than the movie, but thats what made it a gem ( )
  valesbookshelf | Jul 23, 2015 |
I had to return this book to the library after I'd only read the first few chapters but I can see I would enjoy finishing it. A book in letters between out romantic protagonists that starts from childhood birthday invitations and misunderstandings through teens years. I look forward to coming back to this. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |

Ahern, CeceliaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mimmie
To Alex: You are invited to my 7th birthday party on Tuesday the 8th of April in my house.
Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. We grab a quick few minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appointments. And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were spent the best way they possibly could.
British Title, Where Rainbows End. American titles, Love, Rosie & Rosie Dunne

The new novel from the number 1 bestselling author of PS, I Love You is a bittersweet tale of childhood friends Rosie and Alex whose relationship must survive many trials and tribulations, not least the discovery of their true feelings for one another. From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America -- and Alex goes with them. For good. Rosie's lost without her best friend. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever -- and keep her at home in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each other's lives but neither of them knows whether their friendship can really survive the years and miles -- as well as new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them out of each others' arms, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything -- including their friendship -- for true love? Destiny, Alex and Rosie discover, is a funny thing and fate isn't quite done with them yet...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:01 -0400)

Destiny as Alex and Rose discover is a funny thing and it isn't quite done with them yet... Rosie and Alex have a strong friendship which has carried them from naughty children to rebellious teenagers. Then suddenly they are seperated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America and Alex goes with them for good. Rosie is lost without him and plans to join Alex in Boston are stopped when Rosie gets news that will change her life forever and keep her in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of life, but will their relationship survive the years and miles that seperate them.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,872,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible