Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern

Where Rainbows End (edition 2004)

by Cecelia Ahern

Member:Apolline
Title:Where Rainbows End
Authors:Cecelia Ahern
Info:HarperCollins Publishers Ltd (2004), Paperback, 400 pages
Rating:***

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (Author)

2005 (5) 2006 (6) 2008 (7) ahern (6) ARC (5) audiobook (5) best friends (8) Cecelia Ahern (12) chick lit (123) contemporary (6) Dublin (5) emails (7) English (5) epistolary (16) family (5) fiction (105) friendship (25) humor (5) Ireland (34) Irish (14) letters (14) love (27) love story (5) novel (9) own (8) read (20) read in 2009 (7) Roman (10) romance (57) to-read (27)
    PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (aliciagarcia)
    aliciagarcia: Si te gustó Posdata: te amo y disfrutaste con la película, Un regalo del cielo te encantará. A mí me está entusiasmando.
    The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (krizia_lazaro)

English (48)  German (4)  Swedish (1)  Norwegian (1)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (56)
I really like this book, and that says a lot for someone who is not into chick lit. The entire story unfolds in the form of emails and letters spanning more than four decades. It is a story of friendship, heartbreak, facing life's challenges, picking oneself up and moving on, and most importantly of love -- love of family and friends, and of finding one's soulmate. I really like this story (I know I said that already) for making me laugh and because I've always had something for the magic of Ireland (where the story is set).
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
Didn't like
  jesween | Apr 11, 2014 |
I really loved this novel.
This follows the life of two friends through their correspondence. It tells of friendship, trust, first loves and missed opportunities. I thought it was well written and at times extremely frustrating. It is definitely a love/hate relationship when you want to yell at the characters to stop missing each other by centimeters and screwing up their chances. It makes it so hard to read, but the meaning so much more important to you.
One of my favorites. ( )
  MooqieLove | Feb 22, 2014 |
A poignant and heartbreaking tale of two childhood friends who should be together but life keeps conspiring to keep them apart. Rosie and Alex's story is told through letters, emails, texts, instant messages, and greeting cards. My only complaint is how Alex and Katie both write "no" instead of "know" and "new" instead of "knew". This is supposed to be cute, but I just found it irritating. Otherwise a very sweet story, that despite being nearly 500 pages, I read in two evenings. Could not put it down! ( )
  EmScape | Feb 11, 2014 |
Not sure how I found this book, but WOW. A great concept - the story is told in letters, emails, texts and instant messages among the various characters. This is a wonderful read, highly recommended. ( )
  reckshow | Jan 21, 2014 |

Ahern, CeceliaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mimmie
To Alex: You are invited to my 7th birthday party on Tuesday the 8th of April in my house.
Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. We grab a quick few minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appointments. And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were spent the best way they possibly could.
British Title, Where Rainbows End. American titles, Love, Rosie & Rosie Dunne

The new novel from the number 1 bestselling author of PS, I Love You is a bittersweet tale of childhood friends Rosie and Alex whose relationship must survive many trials and tribulations, not least the discovery of their true feelings for one another. From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America -- and Alex goes with them. For good. Rosie's lost without her best friend. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever -- and keep her at home in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each other's lives but neither of them knows whether their friendship can really survive the years and miles -- as well as new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them out of each others' arms, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything -- including their friendship -- for true love? Destiny, Alex and Rosie discover, is a funny thing and fate isn't quite done with them yet...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:20 -0400)

Destiny as Alex and Rose discover is a funny thing and it isn't quite done with them yet... Rosie and Alex have a strong friendship which has carried them from naughty children to rebellious teenagers. Then suddenly they are seperated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America and Alex goes with them for good. Rosie is lost without him and plans to join Alex in Boston are stopped when Rosie gets news that will change her life forever and keep her in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of life, but will their relationship survive the years and miles that seperate them.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,484,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible