Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern

Where Rainbows End (edition 2004)

by Cecelia Ahern

2,208954,386 (3.67)26
Member:chloeleigh
Title:Where Rainbows End
Authors:Cecelia Ahern
Info:Harper Collins (2004), Paperback, 400 pages

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (Author)

PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (aliciagarcia)
    aliciagarcia: Si te gustó Posdata: te amo y disfrutaste con la película, Un regalo del cielo te encantará. A mí me está entusiasmando.
    Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (BhGardengirl)
    The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (krizia_lazaro)

English (86)  German (4)  Swedish (1)  Norwegian (1)  Catalan (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (95)
I first read this book really young and I came across it again this Christmas.
The story is nothing out of the ordinary really; boy and girl like each other but they end up with all the wrong people. You keep wanting them together and you keep on reading.
I liked very much the way it is written with the main characters exchanging emails and stuff, in this way you get to know the story in pieces. I remember when i read it for the first time i was so frustrated that every time Rose and Alex were about to work things out something happened. But we could not have our story if the two of them had worked everything out from the very first kiss, right?
The first time i read it i hated the ending. Being young and wanting happy endings even unrealistic ones, i found the end of the story quite unfair. Having read it again now i get that one of the morals of the story is that it's never too late.

Would i recommend this book?
Yes, if you want something not cheesy but romantic-with a delayed happy ending.
No, if you want to read something powerful about love, like p.s i love you or the notebook, or my personal favorite 'a walk to remember'. ( )
  asthepageturns | Jun 13, 2019 |
In a message and letter type setting, this book is fantastic.

You fall for both characters as you meet an decide the one who got away but neither of them wanted. After a night that got outta hand and that changed the girls life forever, you follow them both through the good and bad times. Never giving up even at the end.

Would highly recommend to all chick flick romantic lovers. ( )
  loty | Feb 26, 2019 |
Omg!! ( )
  joyishhh | Feb 24, 2019 |
I have mixed feelings about this book. I love the story, but at times I was just mad at why it was dragging. It is a wonderful love story, but I felt that towards the end it was just taking way to long. It could be me though. I plan on reading this book again later. Sometimes a second or third read can change a mind about a book. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Such a cute book but frustrating at the same time. The thing that I found catchy was the writing style (letters, instant messaging, chat rooms etc) because it's different but at the same time there's narration in the epilogue ...oh man and the feels in the end... So after all, I was left with a smile and a thankful heart and I also consider watching the movie too. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |

Ahern, CeceliaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mimmie
To Alex: You are invited to my 7th birthday party on Tuesday the 8th of April in my house.
Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. We grab a quick few minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appointments. And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were spent the best way they possibly could.
British Title, Where Rainbows End. American titles, Love, Rosie & Rosie Dunne

The new novel from the number 1 bestselling author of PS, I Love You is a bittersweet tale of childhood friends Rosie and Alex whose relationship must survive many trials and tribulations, not least the discovery of their true feelings for one another. From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family moves from Dublin to America -- and Alex goes with them. For good. Rosie's lost without her best friend. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever -- and keep her at home in Ireland. Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each other's lives but neither of them knows whether their friendship can really survive the years and miles -- as well as new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them out of each others' arms, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything -- including their friendship -- for true love? Destiny, Alex and Rosie discover, is a funny thing and fate isn't quite done with them yet...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:01 -0400)

A story about love. And how life can get in the way...Cecelia Ahern's bestselling novel Where Rainbows End is now a major film entitled Love, Rosie. Sometimes fate just can't stop meddling...Best friends since forever, Rosie and Alex have shared their hopes, dreams, awkward moments - and firsts. But their bond is threatened when Alex's family move to America. They stay in touch, but misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck seem to be conspiring to keep them apart. Can they gamble everything - even their friendship - on true love?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,505,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible