Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Jungle (Dover Thrift Editions) (original 1906; edition 2001)
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair (1906)
Top Five Books of 2013 (182)
Best "Foodie" Books (60)
Carole's List (120)
A Novel Cure (407)
100 World Classics (94)
Unread books (751)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743487621, Mass Market Paperback)ENDURING LITERATURE ILLUMINATED
BY PRACTICAL SCHOLARSHIP
Upton Sinclair's unflinching chronicle of crushing poverty and oppression set in Chicago in the early 1900s.
EACH ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
• A concise introduction that gives readers important background information
• A chronology of the author's life and work
• A timeline of significant events that provides the book's historical context
• An outline of key themes and plot points to help readers form their own interpretations
• Detailed explanatory notes
• Critical analysis, including contemporary and modern perspectives on the work
• Discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
• A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader's experience
Enriched Classics offer readers affordable editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and insightful commentary. The scholarship provided in Enriched Classics enables readers to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the world's finest books to their full potential.
SERIES EDITED BY CYNTHIA BRANTLEY JOHNSON
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:18 -0400)
Describes the conditions of the Chicago stockyards through the eyes of a young immigrant struggling in America.
(summary from another edition)
11 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.
An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.
An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.