Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of…

Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland : A Math Adventure (2001)

by Cindy Neuschwander

Other authors: Wayne Geehan (Illustrator)

Series: A Math Adventure, Sir Cumference (3)

This book has subtly introduces mathmatical concepts like circumference, diameter, radius, and angles. ( )
  darbyhunter1 | Oct 21, 2018 |
This educational fantasy could be used in many different ways in the classroom. This book takes math and turns it into a fun story that gives a great medium to introduce geometry with. It has nice illustrations although does not state how they made the pictures. This book could be used to introduce the keywords "obtuse", "acute", "radius", and "right angle" to kids. I could also have them follow along with the story and use their own protractors to find the path Radius should take. For instance, he comes to a passage and must take the small angle which is an acute angle and I could have the students find an acute angle before I continue with the story. I could add on to the story as we go through our math lesson and put angles around the room that they have to classify with their "medallions" to get a prize. I could also use this book to introduce the measurements of a protractor such as straight being 180 and a right angle being 90 degrees. ( )
  hdalesky15 | Mar 29, 2017 |
Really cute - I love the explanation for "a cute" angles and "pair of Lell's"! ( )
  Dmtcer | May 4, 2016 |
Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland is both an informational book and a fantasy book. It is an informational book because of the many math terms it explains. It is also a fantasy book because the math terms are characters in the book and its about a quest. Radius goes on a quest to save King Lell. He saves the King by going through the labyrinth using a medallion (protractor) and finds the angles he needs to make it through. This book had rough grammar parts that took me out of the story sometimes. The illustrations were great and helped add to what was happening in the story.
Genre: Informational Fiction
1: I would use this book at the beginning of a Math lesson before introducing angles, and circles. It introduces the vocab we would be using.
2: I would also use this book to get children interested in math.
Media: colored pencils/ paint ( )
  Jazmyn96 | Mar 5, 2016 |
Not as creative and effective as the others, but this is to help kids remember the difference between acute and obtuse angles and the difference between a 90 & 180 degree angle. Also, this does an okay job of explaining how to use a protractor and includes one for the reader to keep. ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |

Cindy Neuschwanderprimary authorall editionscalculated
Geehan, WayneIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 157091169X, Paperback)

THIS EDITION IS INTENDED FOR USE IN SCHOOLS AND LIBRARIES ONLY. Radius is on a quest to earn his knighthood! With only a circular medallion, a mysterious poem, and his own wits to guide him, he must find and rescue a missing king.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:32 -0400)

"Radius is on a quest to earn his knighthood! With only a circular medallion, a mysterious poem, and his own wits to guide him, he must find and rescue a missing king."

Charlesbridge

2 editions of this book were published by Charlesbridge.

Editions: 157091169X, 1570911703

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,296,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible