The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts

The Pagan Stone

by Nora Roberts

A compelling end to the series although I did not care as much for the leads as much as in the previous installments - particularly Cybil. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
A great ending to the trilogy! I love Gage and Cybil. ( )
  LenaR0307 | Jun 28, 2016 |
This was a satisfying resolution to the Sign of Seven trilogy. Sometimes its nice to have everything wrapped up neatly and tied with a red bow!
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Wow, what can I say? I must be over Nora Roberts. Once again the love story fell completely flat. Gage, "We will end up in bed together". Cybil, "Yes, we will have sex, but not now and on my terms." Then a really stupid fight over how he doesn't want to fall in love with her just because both sets of their friends fell in love with each other and are planning to marry...then, blah, blah, blah.

The story about the demon could have been interesting except for all the dumb (supposed to be) sexual tension and "romance" (using that term loosely). The sad thing was that I was actually looking forward to Gage's story since for me he was the most interesting character in the series.

What Nora Roberts continues to do well is the interaction between friends. Maybe she should just write a women's fiction novel and not worry so much about making it about romance? ( )
  CinderH | Jun 29, 2015 |
Here is the drawback to making the commitment to writing something about every book you read: sometimes, there isn't really anything to say worth the effort it takes to write it.

This third and final book wasn't horrible. It just wasn't great, or even very good either. Very predictable if you've read even one of NR's other paranormal trilogies. Lots of annoying behaviour from our tragic hero who fights against being trapped by a woman. Yawn. Eventual it's-all-about-the-love-and-the-light ending left me feeling slightly nauseated, as if I'd eaten just one cookie too many.

I thought the level of creepiness was excellent, for someone who doesn't like horror or terror, just spooky.

On the plus side, writing this killed the last 15 minutes of work and now I can go home. Taking the time to write it down pays off after all. :) ( )
  murderbydeath | Sep 20, 2014 |
Where there is no vision, the people perish.
--Proverbs 29:18

I have nothing to offer but blood, toils, tear, and sweat.
-Winston Churchill
For old friends
Sun streaked pearly pink across the sky, splashed onto blue, blue water that rolled against white sand as Gage Turner walked the beach.

The conclusion to the electrifying trilogy, following Blood Brothers and The Hollow, of three men and three women who join forces—and hearts—to battle the ultimate evil.
--------------

BLOOD AND DEATH
FIRE AND MADNESS

loom over the town of Hawkins Hollow. Every seven years, the seventh day of the seventh month portends seven days of violence and mayhem. This year, the darkness is stronger than ever. and only friendship and family, promise and passion can stop it..

Gathered around the Pagan Stone three boys set in motion a force bent on destruction that threatens their childhood town of Hawkins Hollow until years later they meet again with three equally determined women to find a way to use the Stone to stop the murder and mayhem.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,181,672 books! | Top bar: Always visible