My Very First Book of Colors by Eric Carle

My Very First Book of Colors (edition 2005)

by Eric Carle (Author)

Objects and colors, each on half pages, can be matched up.
Member:Corinne57
Title:My Very First Book of Colors
Authors:Eric Carle (Author)
Info:World of Eric Carle (2005), Edition: Brdbk, 20 pages

My Very First Book of Colors by Eric Carle

Carle, E. (2019). My very first book of colors. New York: Penguin Random House LLC.
This book is most appropriate for toddlers. This is an interactive book where each page has been cut in half horizontally. On the top of the page is a block of color. At the bottom of the page is an object that is a color, for example, a yellow lemon. The reader must flip through the book to match the color at the top of the page with the corresponding colored item at the bottom of the page.
  SCasey55 | Jun 13, 2020 |
fun flip book that introduces different colors and different objects one would see in the world that are those colors.
great for introducing colors to younger readers.
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 24, 2016 |
My Very First Book of Colors is a simple concept book that introduces colors to children by displaying an image on an item (i.e. a bluebird) on one half of the page, and its matching color label (i.e. blue) on the other part of the page. I like this book because it explains colors in a beautiful way because it is illustrated by Eric Carle. I think this book is appropriate for those Grade PreK. However, I would want to use this book in my teaching when focusing on themes about colors, art, or Eric Carle as an illustrator and those themes could be discussed with children of older ages (probably K-2).
1 vote MadeleinePemberton | Dec 10, 2013 |
Color matching book where the top pages of the book are separated from the bottom. Top halves have solid colors and the bottom halves show colored objects to match.
Great book for vocabulary building and color identification.
1 vote jasongiles | Nov 9, 2010 |
This asked children to find the color in the top half of a page that matches the picture on the bottom half. From pink flowers to purple grapes, this colorful book is full of fun and surprises. This book would be great for teaching young children colors. On this website, http://www.eric-carle.com/home.html, you can find a variety of resources, a list of Carle's books, and information about Eric Carle.
  elwindle | Nov 9, 2009 |

Objects and colors, each on half pages, can be matched up.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,434,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible