Beauty by Bill Wallace

Beauty

by Bill Wallace

Luke’s parent’s had split up and left him and his mother. Luke’s mother decided to move to Oklahoma. Upon arriving, Luke finds that he hates Oklahoma and isn’t so fond of his grandpa either. But as time goes by Luke finds that he is fond of a horse named Beauty. ( )
  goodwink | Nov 30, 2010 |
when this boy and his mom move out to the country with his grandpa . his grandpa buys him an older horse witch becomes the boys best friend when the boy has to kill his horse on his owne tragedy strikes:( ( )
  kaylab | Jan 9, 2010 |
This is a great book for anyone who is obbsessed with horses like me! i am an 11 year old girl and have just read this book for the first time. You will not want to put down this book. i will leave you in suspense by sayin g a few words. At the end of this story something incredibly sad happens that almost made me cry. No skipping ahead!!! And you wont believe it till you get to it!!!! ( )
  rachey03 | Jun 11, 2009 |
By the age 11 Luke’s parent’s had split up and left him and his mother to live together. With his mothers job making lay offs they had to do something for money. So Luke’s mother decided that moving to Oklahoma with Luke’s grandpa would be the best for the both of them. Upon arriving there he finds that he hates Oklahoma and isn’t so fond of his grandpa either. But as time goes by Luke finds that he is fond of a horse named Beauty.

The first time I had heard this book was when I was in fifth grade my teacher read it to our class and ever since then I have been in love with this book. I feel that this book hits home for me in the sense that being with horses brings comfort.

You could have the students think about times that they didn’t like what they had to do but found something that made them happy along the way. You could also have them write a compare and contrast paper. ( )
  mj113469 | May 2, 2008 |
I read this book for the first time when I was a horse-crazy little girl. I absolutely loved it then and I still enjoy re-reading it. It is a wonderful story, especially appealing to horse-crazy children. ( )
  lefty33 | Apr 2, 2008 |

Grades 4-6 - Coping with his parents splitting up becomes difficult for eleven-year-old Luke, who is forced to move to his grandfather's farm, but the bond he shares with a horse named Beauty provides solace, and he will fight fiercely to save her.

She was an old horse, but she could still run like a champ. Grampa warned him to be careful with Beauty, but Luke didn't listen.

He'd told her all about his hopes, dreams, and fears -- secrets Beauty would never reveal. She was his pal, who went skinny dipping with him in forbidden ponds and galloping after cattle in dangerous cowboy games he knew he shouldn't play. Until the night of the wild storm, when Beauty raced through the barn doors he'd forgotten to close into a terrible trap, and Luke ran into the blinding rain desperate to save the best friend he'd ever have...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:03 -0400)

Unhappy about his parents splitting up and moving with his mother to Grandpa's farm, eleven-year-old Luke finds comfort in riding and caring for a horse named Beauty.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,023,081 books! | Top bar: Always visible