Me Too! by Mercer Mayer

Me Too! (1983)

by Mercer Mayer

7581912,240 (3.87)None

love this book because I have a younger sibling ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
Age group(s): Early Elementary (Pre-K-3), 4-8
This story is a Little Critter book. It is a trade book and in some ways, a predictable book. The story is about a big brother and a little sister who wants to do everything that her big brother does. This drives the big brother crazy and he gets tired of having to include her in everything. Until… the very end of the story, the little sister has a candy cane and he wants her to share and guess what, she does. The illustrations in this book (and all Little Critter books) are very cute and show emotion very well. You can see the body language that the older brother is showing when he is frustrated with his little sister. He will be holding his head or rolling his eyes so we can tell he is annoyed. I would use this book in my classroom to talk about family and who may have a little sibling like this. I would also talk about frustration and other emotions, body language and how we read it, and having patients. I may even connect it to my classroom by talking about “Do we always want other friends to join in on our games when we are at school?” “But it is fair to tell them that they can’t play with us?” and so on. ( )
  katekatekathryn | Oct 12, 2015 |
Somehow I never minded reading these over and over again to my kids. I guess because LC is just a little naughty/ impulsive, but also lovable, w/good intentions. Something like Ramona Quimby, Clementine, and my kids. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
This book is about Little Critter and how he has to include his younger sister in everything. He has to be the big brother that shares with his sister and wait for her, but gets very annoyed. At the end, his little sister learns to share with him making him happy that she is learning from him. ( )
  Vue | Dec 4, 2012 |
Mercer Mayer's funny and popular Little Critter is learning to get along with his younger sister in this picture-book classic. When Little Critter goes off with his friends, his little sister wails, "Me, too!" When Little Critter eats a piece of cake, he has to share it with his hungry sister. It seems as if Little Critter's responsibilities as a big brother will never end. Then comes the day when his little sister learns to share. Little Critter sees a ray of hope. Maybe his little sister is growing up!
  clwalker | Jun 13, 2012 |
When my little sister saw me riding my skateboard, she said... Me too!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307119416, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:01 -0400)

Sharing with one's little sister can be an awful bother, but it has its rewards too.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible