Me Too! by Mercer Mayer

Me Too!

by Mercer Mayer

This book is about Little Critter and how he has to include his younger sister in everything. He has to be the big brother that shares with his sister and wait for her, but gets very annoyed. At the end, his little sister learns to share with him making him happy that she is learning from him. ( )
  Vue | Dec 4, 2012 |
Mercer Mayer's funny and popular Little Critter is learning to get along with his younger sister in this picture-book classic. When Little Critter goes off with his friends, his little sister wails, "Me, too!" When Little Critter eats a piece of cake, he has to share it with his hungry sister. It seems as if Little Critter's responsibilities as a big brother will never end. Then comes the day when his little sister learns to share. Little Critter sees a ray of hope. Maybe his little sister is growing up!
  clwalker | Jun 13, 2012 |
Now that we have two adorable little girls, I have been buying some new types of books: how siblings interact. Of course, I turned to one of my favorite series, Little Critter. The story in this book is about Little Critter and his sister, who is old enough to want to spend all her time with her big brother, and young enough to not be able to do everything she wants to do. Like a typical older sibling, Little Critter loves his sister, but is frequently annoyed by her clingy ways, which so often ruin his fun. A sweet touch to the book is that even though he gets irritated, he always includes her when she asks. At the end of the story, his sister comes up with a huge candy cane. When her big brother tentatively asks "Me too?", she happily shares her prize. A great book to read to siblings, and another valuable addition to the Little Critter series. ( )
  nmhale | Aug 30, 2011 |
Summary:
The poor boy critter in this story always has to include his little sister in every activity he does. Not only does he have to let her do all of his activates with him, but he is also forced to share his favorite places, foods, and friends with her as well. In the end the boy critter finds out that it is okay to share with his sister because she does not mind sharing her candy with him when he says her famous phrase, “me too.”
Personal Reaction:
I have two small children that struggle with the concept of sharing. It was great to find a book that expresses the easy to understand reason why you should share with your siblings. It was nice to have a book that shows my children that if you are nice and share he or she will be nice and share with you too.
Extension Ideas:
1. In the classroom, this book would be great when trying to get to know my students a little bit better, especially on the first day of school. I can use this book as a way to open up conversation about family life and maybe get a better understanding of my students. My students could answer a small questioner about their siblings, family, and a few times when they were forced to share with someone.
2. This book could also be used to illustrate the importance of working together and sharing in a group. I can have my students paired into groups and have them make up a new situation for the boy critter where he might want to share something with his little sister.
  sharletkanehl | Feb 24, 2011 |
The one I read to the class was a big book and the students really enjoyed it. It teaches them to share, be helpful and patient, make sacrifices,and that kindness is repaid. Children can relate to this book because most have brothers or sisters and those who don't still understand.
  msalissa | Feb 25, 2010 |
When my little sister saw me riding my skateboard, she said... Me too!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307119416, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:39 -0400)

Sharing with one's little sister can be an awful bother, but it has its rewards too.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,152,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible