When God Writes Your Love Story: The…

When God Writes Your Love Story: The Ultimate Approach to Guy/Girl…

by Leslie Ludy, Eric Ludy

CHAPTER NOTES
  saintmarysaccden | Nov 14, 2013 |
Good, but felt incomplete – where was the last half of their love story? For an extended review, see here. ( )
  chriskrycho | Mar 28, 2013 |
Every little girl dreams of a happily-ever-after with a man who will love her dearly, and cherish her, and adore her. And, I don’t know for sure, but I think maybe every little boy dreams of one day being a girl’s Prince Charming, or knight in shining armor.

But, much as we’re raised on the Disney idea of a fairy-tale ending, most of us stop believing in those somewhere around our teens, and believe that it’s all just make-believe.

The Ludys believe, though, that the fairy-tale romance is, in fact, possible… when you let God write your love story.

This book tells a bit of Eric & Leslie’s story, and shows practical ways that you can live so as to find your very own God-written love story. The chapters alternate between Leslie & Eric writing, and there are parts aimed at the guys, and parts aimed at the gals.

I read this book within 24 hours of having received it — it’s an easy read. But, it’s oh-so-good. I can’t recommend this book enough, as it’s full of hope. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on from Leslie Ludy, lately (including her “Set-Apart Girl” website & magazine archives: http://www.setapartgirl.com), and I just love this idea. I’m already married, so it only applies to me so far as how to improve my marriage, but I am definitely going to be teaching my children about how to let God have the pen, so that He can write their love stories. ( )
  mizbooks | Nov 19, 2012 |
When I was interested in romantic relationships I spent hours preparing myself in front of the mirror. My hair and make-up had to be perfect. I had to pick out clothes to show myself to advantage. There must be no chips in my nails and I had to drench myself in perfume. In this book, Eric and Leslie Ludy offer suggestions for a different kind of preparation – one I wish I had known about when I was 17. With anecdotes from their own romance and examples from the lives of young people they’ve counselled, the Ludys put forward a pattern for a God-centred preparation for romance. As with all their books, this one is beautifully written although I did find some of the language to be aimed at a younger reader than me – ‘cool’ and ‘dude’ haven’t been part of my vocabulary for a while now!
Reread 2nd Feb 2012.
  notjustlaura | Aug 6, 2011 |
My husband and I were married before we were believers, and our relationship very much followed the pattern of a worldly romance. It was only after becoming born-again that we were captivated by the vision of romances conducted in accordance with God’s will.

Rather than seeing God’s limitations on expressions of physical and emotional intimacy we could now see His guidelines as protections for the beautiful, pure love that could spring from a life fully dedicated to Him; a life devoted to staying faithful to one future spouse.

Eric and Leslie Ludy beautifully express this “sweeter song” that God has in mind for His children in When God Writes Your Love Story. Without becoming bound to outward forms and stifling legalities, the couple holds firmly to a high goal of emotional and physical purity while waiting for God to work creatively to write a unique love story just for you!

This vision is unfailingly positive and inspiring as the Ludys weave together their own personal journey towards marriage with the insights, principles, and applications that they learned along the way. Alternating between a light-hearted, self-deprecating writing style and deadly serious thoughts about fully dedicating your life to Christ, the Ludys are bang on (in my opinion) in their conclusions.

My husband and I have been married for nine years this fall, but I plan on passing this book along to our daughters as they grow. I can appreciate that waiting for God’s best can be SO difficult when the world continually trumpets its own plan; this book can be a faithful guide through those trying times.

Reviewed at quiverfullfamily.com ( )
  jenniferbogart | Oct 21, 2010 |

Ludy, Leslieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ludy, Ericmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Using the "four secrets to an amazing love story," the Ludys present a Christ-centered approach to building a relationship that will stand the test of time.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,159 books! | Top bar: Always visible