Culinaria Russia by Marion Trutter

Culinaria Russia (2007)

by Marion Trutter

Series: Culinaria

For me this book is a trip down memory lane. The recipes in it are nice, but even better are the stories and pictures that form the background. I have expanded my amount of recipes and compared the ones I had (form locals) with the ones that I found here.

What surprised me most of all, is that adzhika is written down as bell-pepper sauce, while in the original that I saw being made in Tbilisi bell pepper was only a small ingredient. There they used red pepper / chilli peppers as main ingredient.
Would the authors have adapted the recipes to reach a broader public? That would be a shame in my opinion. Write down the original recipe and then warn the reader it may be (very) hot and explain how to make it according to West-European taste. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |

Marion Trutterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schmid, Gregor M.Fotografsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Food and culture are inexorably tied together. The Culinaria series reports on every aspect of the cuisine of a country within the context of the people who created it. One of the most successful series in cook book history, these new editions are updated with the guidance of first-class chefs, and come in a durable flexi-cover format to withstand abuse while spending time in the kitchen.

The teams behind each Culinaria volume spend months in the region they are working on, allowing them time to fully absorb all of the food and drink a country can offer. Profusely illustrated with spectacular photography and abundantly peppered with authentic recipes, these volumes are a treat for both the mind and the palate.

Learn about the history behind the dishes, their cultural significance, and how to prepare them.
Beautiful photographs take you on a tour from the local villages to inside the kitchen where you will find the final product.
Enormous variety of magnificent photographs and tempting recipes together with knowledgeable text that is easy for readers and cooks of all skill levels to understand.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:20 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,652,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible