Dead of Night by J.D. Robb
Authors:J.D. Robb
Other authors:Mary Blayney, Ruth Ryan Langan, Mary Kay McComas
Info:Jove (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages

Dead of Night by J. D. Robb

What do you get when you mix blood, murder and the night? A vampire wannabe? Eve will need to put aside her superstitions and find the killer before his next move. ( )
  wndy2011 | Mar 13, 2018 |
TBR ( )
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
I can only give this book 2 stars due to i only bought it for JD Robb, The other authors were good but i Love and follow JD Robb religiously! I wouldn't run out an buy books from the other authors. JD Robbs story gets a full 5!
  Bettyb30 | Jun 24, 2013 |
Got this for the Eve Dallas story. Eternity in Death is a story about a woman found exsanguinated and Eve coming to grips with the vampire wannabe subculture in her city. I liked it.

I'm pretty sure I came across Amy and the Earl's Amazing Adventure, still, not a bad story where Amy, an american on holidays in England and Simon, bartender and brother of the current earl are whisked into the past to fix issues and then to get back to the modern day. Falling in love along the way.

Timeless was a bit ho-hum. Woman finds herself in the past and looks just like a man's wife. She has to survive in the past and what happens when she returns. Didn't really strike me as a great story.

On the Fringe is a story of what-has-been where the ending kinda left me cold. I could see no reason why the characters did what they did or why they bothered with remaining in the situation they were in.

Overall it did what I wanted it to, provided me with a Eve Dallas story, the rest were kinda forgettable. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 10, 2012 |
I always buy these yearly anthologies simply for the new Eve Dallas/Roarke novella by J.D. Robb. She doesn't disappoint with ETERNITY IN DEATH, which centers around an evil psychopath who truly believes himself to be a vampire.

Mary Blayney's story, AMY AND THE EARL'S AMAZING ADVENTURE, actually didn't make much sense to me, and I didn't finish it.

Ruth Ryan Langan writes a really good Scottish time travel story with TIMELESS. Although I don't really like historicals, I enjoyed this short story.

ON THE FRINGE by Mary Kay McComas is another time travel, about a wife who wonders what life would have been like if she'd made different choices and decisions.

DEAD OF NIGHT is worth the read simply for J.D. Robb's story, but TIMELESS is also a pretty good read. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 13, 2009 |

Eternity in Death by J.D. Robb
Amy and the Earl's Amazing Adventure by Mary Blayney
Timeless by Ruth Ryan Langan
On the Fringe by Mary Kay McComas

Nora Roberts, writing as J.D. Robb, puts futuristic lieutenant Eve Dallas in a supernatural showdown with a most seductive criminal: a vampire.

An ancient coin whisks an American woman and a modern-day earl into the past-and into each other's arms-in a stirring tale from Mary Blayney.

When a city girl visits a Scottish castle in Ruth Ryan Langan's story, she is thrust into a timeless romance with a mighty Highland laird.

And Mary Kay McComas gives an unhappy wife a magic-carpet ride into an alternate reality to show her the grass isn't always greener.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515143677, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:46 -0400)

Featuring four paranormal romance stories, includes a never-before-published Eve Dallas novella that pits the futuristic lieutenant against a seductive vampire.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,422,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible