The Game of Life and How to Play It by…

The Game of Life and How to Play It (1925)

by Florence Scovel Shinn

198459,376 (4.27)2

Written in 1925, this book preceded Norman Vincent Peale's The Power of Positive Thinking, by 27 years. It is based on the simple premise that your words (and thoughts) are what determine your experiences. It is full of personal examples and useful affirmations. Biblical references are extensive, remember this was 1925, when being a church goer was pretty much a common denominator for Americans, not the cultural divisor it is today. This message, 88 years later, is still relative and riveting. It's all you need to change your life. ( )
  Gnorma | Jul 1, 2013 |
Its amazing how relevant this book is today although it was written many years ago!! ( )
  dip2atl | Apr 16, 2012 |
The Game of Life & How To Play It
Winning Rules For Success & Happiness
by Florence Scovel-Shinn

This sweet, inspired and direct little book really addresses the spiritual principles Karma, Love, Prosperity and others. Though this remarkable woman has passed on to new worlds and new assignments I feel that her Divine Words will live on and on to help many. Scattered with personal stories and biblical examples and quotes the author really gave me a broader and deeper understanding of the enlightened laws I have come to know and love.

This wonderful little must-read is so jam packed with divine power and knowledge that I found myself going back over the words again and again meditating on each concept as it came up and feeling more enlightened by the minute. I would recommend this precious gift from God to anyone who has a deep thirst for spiritual understanding, an open mind when it comes to Christian based literature and a love for immortal words that have withstood the test of time. (copyright 1925)

Love & Light,

Riki Frahmann ( )
1 vote biunicorn | Mar 17, 2012 |
Classic text on new thought philosophy written by a woman through the harsh times of the Great Depression, yet the ideas are still valid today. ( )
  drj | Jul 30, 2008 |

** SAME BOOK - LOWER PRICE **

The world's most celebrated "success" book and guide on how to "WIN" in life through positive attitudes and affirmations.

First published in 1925, this book has inspired thousands of people around the world to find a sense of purpose and belonging. It asserts that life is not a battle but a game of giving and receiving, and that whatever we send out into the world will eventually be returned to us. This little book will help you discover how your mind and its imaging faculties play leading roles in the game of life.

With her classic book, THE GAME OF LIFE AND HOW TO PLAY IT, Florence Scovel Shinn established herself as one of the most down-to-earth, practical, and helpful prosperity writers of her era. With a timeless message and the ability to explain success principles and how they work in an entertaining style, her writings are still considered the leaders in prosperity literature today.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:01 -0400)

"Gives us the rules to the game of life ... [and] a manual that instructs us on how to win the game. A wonderful and simple-to-follow book on the power of right thinking"--P. [4] of cover.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,964,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible