The Game of Life and How to Play It by…

The Game of Life and How to Play It (1925)

by Florence Scovel Shinn

Written in 1925, this book preceded Norman Vincent Peale's The Power of Positive Thinking, by 27 years. It is based on the simple premise that your words (and thoughts) are what determine your experiences. It is full of personal examples and useful affirmations. Biblical references are extensive, remember this was 1925, when being a church goer was pretty much a common denominator for Americans, not the cultural divisor it is today. This message, 88 years later, is still relative and riveting. It's all you need to change your life. ( )
  Gnorma | Jul 1, 2013 |
Its amazing how relevant this book is today although it was written many years ago!! ( )
  dip2atl | Apr 16, 2012 |
The Game of Life & How To Play It
Winning Rules For Success & Happiness
by Florence Scovel-Shinn

This sweet, inspired and direct little book really addresses the spiritual principles Karma, Love, Prosperity and others. Though this remarkable woman has passed on to new worlds and new assignments I feel that her Divine Words will live on and on to help many. Scattered with personal stories and biblical examples and quotes the author really gave me a broader and deeper understanding of the enlightened laws I have come to know and love.

This wonderful little must-read is so jam packed with divine power and knowledge that I found myself going back over the words again and again meditating on each concept as it came up and feeling more enlightened by the minute. I would recommend this precious gift from God to anyone who has a deep thirst for spiritual understanding, an open mind when it comes to Christian based literature and a love for immortal words that have withstood the test of time. (copyright 1925)

Love & Light,

健康、財富、愛與完美的自我表現,都是你的「天賦人權」! ​

只要懂得正確地要求,就能釋放出原本即屬於你的一切,迎向幸福、富足的人生,成為生命遊戲的贏家! ​

一部百年經典,已幫助千百萬人改變了自己的命運! ​

充滿創造性的洞見,道盡生命法則,值得一讀再讀! ​

本書作者佛羅倫絲.辛是美國百年前的傳奇人物,也是最偉大的心靈導師之一及暢銷書作家。她擁有神奇的​能力,可以將人生成功的法則及其運用以非常簡潔易讀的文字傳達出來,令人想一讀再讀。 ​

書中並提供許多「肯定句」,讓你在面對生命中各種情境,例如健康、財富、工作、婚姻等等,都能知道如​何開口向神大膽要求,然後放心接受。進而改善生活境遇,實現自己的人生目標——幸福、健康和財富! ​

a860515 | Jun 23, 2010 |
人生,不是一場戰鬥,而是一場遊戲。 ​
  happy18818 | Apr 28, 2010 |

The world's most celebrated "success" book and guide on how to "WIN" in life through positive attitudes and affirmations.

First published in 1925, this book has inspired thousands of people around the world to find a sense of purpose and belonging. It asserts that life is not a battle but a game of giving and receiving, and that whatever we send out into the world will eventually be returned to us. This little book will help you discover how your mind and its imaging faculties play leading roles in the game of life.

With her classic book, THE GAME OF LIFE AND HOW TO PLAY IT, Florence Scovel Shinn established herself as one of the most down-to-earth, practical, and helpful prosperity writers of her era. With a timeless message and the ability to explain success principles and how they work in an entertaining style, her writings are still considered the leaders in prosperity literature today.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:29 -0400)

"Gives us the rules to the game of life ... [and] a manual that instructs us on how to win the game. A wonderful and simple-to-follow book on the power of right thinking"--P. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible