Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life:…

Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao (edition 2007)

by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Member:jwharnisch
Title:Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao
Authors:Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Info:Hay House (2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading, To read

Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Wayne W. Dyer

What a beautiful book! Two main reasons; Ageless words of wisdom (81 verses) from a timeless Sage, Lao Tzu (Father of Taoism), and a practical and modern interpretation for our lives by another Sage, Wayne Dyer, who continuously reminds us how to practically take this into our lives and embrace the world we create each day. I´m on my 2nd reread and when i emerge from my morning meditation a few verses of this book, a cup of coffee, some lovely music - gets my day off to a great start making me feel ever so good inside and realizing of my connection. Thank you Lao Tzu & Wayne Dyer for the lovely reminder to connect with the Tao - our eternal source of all life.
  carltonbrownV47 | Apr 15, 2014 |
If you already believe that it is possible to live a peaceful, loving life this book will be a very easy read. If you are spiritual on any level this book will only increase your beliefs. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a respect for our world, nature and all life on earth. It keeps you hopeful for a better place for everyone. It really makes sense. Loved it~ ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
This is clearly a book that has to be read over and over again several times. Must be taken bit by bit as you read each 'verse' or poem and the corresponding chapter, let the idea been expressed resonate in your mind in order to dissect real value from it's pages. ( )
  BWritesPoetry2 | Jan 16, 2010 |
This was the first book of Dyers that I had read and really enjoyed it. I also listen to the tape and found it better to hear him speak the wisdom. ( )
  seasaw432 | Aug 31, 2009 |
most amazing book ever
  mamalisa1212 | Mar 9, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140191750X, Paperback)

In this book, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has reviewed hundreds of translations of the Tao Te Ching and has written 81 distinct essays on how to apply the ancient wisdom of Lao-tzu to today’s modern world. This work contains the entire 81 verses of the Tao, compiled from Wayne’s researching of 10 of the most well-respected translations of text that have survived for more than 25 centuries. Each chapter is designed for actually living the Tao or the Great Way today. Some of the chapter titles are “Living with Flexibility,” “Living Without Enemies,” and “Living by Letting Go.” Each of the 81 brief chapters focuses on living the Tao and concludes with a section called “Doing the Tao Now.”

Wayne spent one entire year reading, researching, and meditating on Lao-tzu’s messages, practicing them each day and ultimately writing down these essays as he felt Lao-tzu wanted you to know them.

This is a work to be read slowly, one essay a day. As Wayne says, “This is a book that will forever change the way you look at your life, and the result will be that you’ll live in a new world aligned with nature. Writing this book changed me forever, too. I now live in accord with the natural world and feel the greatest sense of peace I’ve ever experienced. I’m so proud to present this interpretation of the Tao Te Ching, and offer the same opportunity for change that it has brought me.”

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:42 -0400)

Five hundred years before the birth of Jesus, a God-realized being named Lao-tzu in ancient China dictated 81 verses, which are regarded by many as the ultimate commentary on the nature of our existence. The classic text of these 81 verses, called the Tao Te Ching or the Great Way, offers advice and guidance that is balanced, moral, spiritual, and always concerned with working for the good.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,465,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible