Wolfblade by Jennifer Fallon

Wolfblade (2002)

by Jennifer Fallon

Series: Hythrun Chronicles (1), Wolfblade Trilogy (1)

English (11)  Dutch (2)  All languages (13)
I quite enjoyed this book. I read the Demon Child series before this, but the Damin and Hythria plot was my favourite aspect of that, so being able to read a whole book on Hythria was enjoyable for me. I personally enjoyed the political aspect to this fantasy. The world building was fun to read and I learnt a lot about this world.

The reason I gave it 3.5 stars is because of the last 200 pages or so. There was a lot of time jumping which felt weird considering the first 400 pages had been during one aspect of their life. I didn't particularly like that, though I do look forward to the next book being a much older Damin! ( )
  ashooles | Mar 11, 2018 |
This is the story of a naive child, Marla, who must learn how to seize control of her own future - and her brother's throne while still keeping him wearing the crown. Her 'fool,' a dwarf, works his way into her life though giving her lessons in power. He becomes her most trusted servant. While Marla searches for love, the advisers to the throne search for a way to keep the country from falling into the hands of her neighbors - or worse, a faction of Warlords. ( )
  J9Plourde | Jun 13, 2017 |
What a boring story. It start's interesting when someone is murdered, but then it's all about politics. No action what so ever. I tried reading a little bit further, but i was bored to death. So I stopped reading.
There are also too many different characters. I didn't like most of them, which made reading even worse.
This was definitely not a book for me, i'm more of an action / romance person. And there was not much of it in this book. ( )
  CarpeLibra | Aug 16, 2015 |
HYTHRUN CHRONICLES
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
For a book picked out at random (no reccomendations) I was most pleased.
The book is setting is medeval, It centrers arround the workings of an upper class, infact the royalty of the area, There is also imput from the Slaves and how they are affected.
The role of women in this book is very important and it is well thought out. How it is possible for a society to be based on the dominance of men, yet to have some with power. The reaction of others to the dashing of a young girls dreams was very telling and rang so true.
The characters are very dimentional and you are able to see where the motivation for thier actions are commiing from.
To have two groups of people who are affected by the whims of others was very interesting, and the differences as to how they percieved themselves and the expectations telling.
My only complaint is the ammount of empasis on sex, but it is not out of keeping with the story, you simply have to realise that sex and intamacy is important to people
  jessicariddoch | Aug 10, 2010 |

Jennifer Fallonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Youll, PaulCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor Glennis en, zoals altijd, Adele Robinson.
Het gaf altijd rommel, opruimen na een moord.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765348691, Mass Market Paperback)

Marla Wolfblade of Hythria is determined to restore her family's great name, but conspirators surround her: the Sorcerers' Collective, the Patriots -- even members of her own family. She must make sure her son Damin lives to be old enough to restore the Wolfblade name to its former glory.

Elezaar the Dwarf is a small man with big secrets -- but that doesn't matter to Marla Wolfblade. Her brother is the High Prince of Hythria, and, in this fiercely patriarchal society, her fate will be decided on his whim. She needs someone politically astute to guide her through the maze of court politics -- and Elezaar the Dwarf knows more than he lets on.

As Elezaar teaches Marla the Rules of Gaining and Wielding Power, Marla starts on the road to becoming a tactician and a wily diplomat -- but will that be enough to keep her son alive?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:32 -0400)

Determined to restore her family to its former glory, Marla Wolfblade, princess of Hythria, weds Laran, Warlord of Krakander Province, and gives birth to a son who is named heir to the throne, but she soon discovers that enemy forces will do anything to destroy the house of Wolfblade.… (more)

Jennifer Fallon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,864,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible