dismiss

Home to Holly Springs (2007)

by Jan Karon

Lured by a mysterious note, recently retired Father Tim heads for his boyhood home of Holly Springs, Mississippi. But as memories flood his mind, he soon encounters a life-altering truth and receives a gift that could cost him everything.

English (53)  Finnish (1)  French (1)  All languages (55)
sweet, gentle story and characters ( )
  elifra | Aug 8, 2020 |
This book captured the role that previous painful experiences play on the present and future. If it had been approached from a different angle I doubt it would have had the same impact.
I despised one individual in particular, and later that changed as I saw what he went through and how that influenced how he related to and treated those around him. The author gradually brought the reader to an understanding of this man, and not with a "quick-fix" mentality, but with much pain and misunderstanding involved.
That said, I was not a fan of all the curse words, both referenced and written out, spread liberally throughout the book, including one that is part of an animal's name and repeated as part of that name perhaps a dozen times. Given this, and other content, including a rape scene that could have been less detailed, I was unable to give this book a higher rating, though the writing was very well done. ( )
  Marypo | Nov 19, 2019 |
  Marypo | Nov 19, 2019 |
Come home, these two words compel Father Tim to make the most disturbing journey of his life.
  Indiancreek | Dec 13, 2017 |
loved learning Father Tim's history! ( )
  MonicaEH | May 23, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,037,740 books! | Top bar: Always visible