Flag in Exile by David Weber

Flag in Exile (1995)

by David Weber

Series: Honor Harrington (5), Honor Harrington Universe (5)

English (12)  Swedish (1)  Slovak (1)  All languages (14)
Another fun adventure. Poor old Honor is pushed to the max this time & it was well done. Info dumps got pretty old, though.

While my library has more of the series in audio, they're missing the next 3, so I'm going to quit listening to the series now. 6 were plenty, but it was a fun romp even though I'd read them all in paper before. There weren't any surprises, but it was still fun. Congrats to Weber for creating such heroine. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
In some ways, I think this book is just as strong as the first; death-rides meet politics. In others, I really think Harrington's becoming super-human, and it bugs me. Additionally, the Peep characters really gain some depth in this book, but I'm still sad to say that there isn't a lot to redeem the religious extremists that pit themselves against Harrington. I dunno why I'm so picky about villains that have something to redeem them; maybe it's just that I can't believe that anyone would truly be evil simply for evil's sake.

Good read either way. ( )
  lyrrael | May 18, 2014 |
baen ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Another interesting book in the series. We should be coming to the point were some part of the book falls to pieces; however a good fast pace plot with interesting characters. ( )
  BobVTReader | Aug 11, 2012 |
Review for the audiobook: Pretty much the other reviews sum this book up. Honor has been disgraced for killing her lover's murderer and is brushed off to Grayson. There closed minded enemies plot her downfall. But yet she becomes an expert swordswoman and defeats their leader. It's a bit of a stretch but still a decent read. ( )
  theapparatus | Jul 18, 2011 |

David Weberprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bury, FlorenceTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Johnson, AllysonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mattingly, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruddell, GaryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Slovak Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
To Roger Zelazny---
A gentleman, a scholar, a story-teller,
and a friend I didn't know long enough
Admiral of the Green Hamish Alexander, Thirteenth Earl of White Haven, sat on HMS Queen Caitrin's flag deck and gazed into his display.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled, or dead?"

Struggling to deal with her lover's murder and forced retirement, Captain Honor Harrington assumes the role of Steadholder on the planet Grayson, but a threatening uprising calls her back into duty as head of the Grayson navy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,940,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible