In Enemy Hands by David Weber

In Enemy Hands (1997)

by David Weber

Series: Honor Harrington (7), Honor Harrington Universe (7)

English (4)  Swedish (1)  All languages (5)
He left us hanging again! This time Honor is stranded on a prison planet.
  FKarr | Apr 21, 2013 |
Jettison the debris, clear the missle tubes, abandon ship. Whatever it takes to stop my eyes from further bleeding.

This is a sad day. I've rated most of these books to this points with 4-stars, with one of them good enough to earn a coveted 5th star. Most of them have infodumps and boring spells, but this one has had nothing else for the first third.

Too many books out there I want to read, so no point in continuing to torturing myself.

I might pick it up again later, but for now I'm resigning my commission.
  Texas_Reaver | Mar 30, 2013 |
Read as an ebook (on my PDA). This makes it _much_ slower than reading paper - not because the reading itself is slower but because I'm much more distractable when I'm reading electronically - read a chapter and go do something else rather than dive into the book and surface when it's done. Took me several weeks to read this. Anyway - love it, as usual (i've probably read this 5-6 times). Very rich and powerful emotions - get deep into Honor (not that that's new) and learn more about some of the Peeps. I love the last line "...they're the ones that are outnumbered!" ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Jan 21, 2008 |
This series is good for what it is: military sci fi based on the Horatio Hornblower series. It has a strong and smart woman protagonist, and an governmental/political back-drop that makes for interesting and fun reading. ( )
  ergativity | May 18, 2007 |

David Weberprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Johnson, AllysonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mattingly, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Slovak Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
For Sharon,
who loves me anyway
"I think it's a mistake—a big one."

When she and her crew are ambushed and taken captive aboard an enemy ship, Honor Harrington finds herself bound for the planet prison named "Hell" and scheduled for execution, forcing Honor to plot the most adventurous escape of her career.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,569,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible