The Girl in Times Square by Paullina Simons

The Girl in Times Square (2004)

by Paullina Simons

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found this book to be completely overwhelming. It was a good story that definitely held my interest and I wanted to read it through. But that being said, I felt like there were too many storylines happening within the story. I often got confused trying to track and follow the different characters and stories. ( )
  chutzpanit | May 25, 2018 |
*I received a copy of this book through LibraryThing Early Reviewers.*

I wanted to read this book mostly because I'm a fan of the author's Bronze Horseman series. This book is very different, although I do think the author has a tendency to tell long, complicated tales. The book opens with a missing young woman and an attraction between her roommate and the investigating police officer. The story quickly gets complicated - with an affair with a congressman, an almost certainly fatal cancer diagnosis, a winning lottery ticket, alcoholism, and family secrets going back decades. It's a fun read, once I got into it, but after all the twists and turns, I do wonder if this book could have been considerably shorter. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Apr 13, 2018 |
In some ways the plot of this novel felt like a soap opera - cancer! terrible family! murdered roommate! affair with investigating police officer! winning the lottery! But days after I finished the novel, I found myself still thinking about the conflicts that Lily faced. She starts out being deliberately blind to much of the more unpleasant parts of her life. But there's something about facing death that begins Lily's growth. She has to look a lot of unpleasant things in the face, but behind those things, there is grace and redemption. I especially liked her relationship with Spencer. Despite himself, Lily changes him in fundamentally good ways. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 10, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Quinn family has more than its share of secrets. Some old, some new, some small, some very large. They affect everyone's view of the world and themselves. A good story, just wish it had been about 100 pages shorter. ( )
  bgknighton | Mar 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book has it all. Romance, mystery, murder, family dynamics, forgiveness, cancer treatment/survival, personal growth, the list goes on and on. I loved this book!. I admit it took me awhile to get started on it - it is a daunting 599 pages, but once I did I was hooked. The length is all worth it and I cannot see shortening it for any reason. Each page was well worth reading. Paulinna Simons writing is to be savored and she is a masterful story teller. I will be reading more form her! Highly, highly recommended. ( )
  erinclark | Mar 17, 2018 |

Search for truth.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Paullina Simons's book The Girl in Times Square is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,994,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible