Never Marry a Cowboy by Lorraine Heath
In his arms she found the greatest joy she'd ever known ... but his heart belonged to another. Can her love make their marriage real before their time together ends--forever?

This story just wasn't as engaging for me. I liked the first two books better. I liked the epilogue though. ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
This is the last of this Rogues in Texas western series, but I found it still lacked the oomph of her Texas Destiny series which I adored. This western romance is the story of young girl who is believed to be dying of consumption. Her brother, wishing to grant her last wish, asks the town of Fortune's (now) sheriff, Kit Montgomery to marry her in name only so that she can have a nice wedding day to remember until the day she dies. After much hesitation, based on his history with his brother's dead wife, Kit agrees to marry her. Of course, they wind up falling in love which is exasperated by the fact she's expected to die within six months. They try to avoid too much intimacy but it's impossible after a while. Both are torn, but of course it all ends well, but only after much hand wringing and worry. I liked this better than book 2 in the series and it kept my attention, but overall it didn't have the emotional pull I believe it should have, based on the angsty storyline. Btw, this needs a new cover design pronto - it's so reddd! ( )
  ktleyed | Aug 15, 2013 |
Prologue
England

He had made a pact with the devil and bargained away not only his soul, but his heart.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,777,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible