dismiss

Emily Post's Etiquette, 17th Edition (Thumb…

Emily Post's Etiquette, 17th Edition (Thumb Indexed) (original 1997; edition 2004)

by Peggy Post (Author)

Addresses such contemporary issues as Facebook etiquette, e-mail and texting, and covering tattoos and piercings before interviews, as well as such classic conundrums as names and titles, official forms of address, and dress codes.
Member:Grey_Coopre
Title:Emily Post's Etiquette, 17th Edition (Thumb Indexed)
Authors:Peggy Post (Author)
Info:HarperResource (2004), Edition: 17 Indexed, 896 pages

Emily Post's Etiquette by Peggy Post (1997)

Very good book on Etiquette. Covers any situation I can think of, but is slightly out of date. Doesn't cover much netiquette, but that is understandable since it came out in 1997. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |
St Martin's Handbook and Emily Post are the only two books I allow to remain my office. I need all the help I can get. ( )
  SnowCatMacDobhran | Sep 29, 2014 |
Not the dinosaur you'd think, Peggy Post’s “Emily Post’s Etiquette“, specifically the introduction - A Note to Readers and Part One - Everyday Etiquette are a must read. No - I’m really not suggesting you need to read and follow 847 pages of detailed advice on manners, but in a time where an ‘everything goes’ attitude combined with the stultification of political correctness has led us to a point where what we say and do is governed more by an intolerance for ideological diversity than by kindness and common sense - the book provides a roadmap back to civility. From the introduction:

"Etiquette must be active. It isn’t enough to now what to do. Courtesy matters only when it is translated into everyday behavior - not just put on for show when it’s convenient. The rewards of an active commitment to everyday courtesy are myriad, though not often tangible. There are also important personal rewards that some peopel may not even be aware of, including the self-confidence that comes from knowing what to do in new or difficult situations; a positive reputation with others; and personal relationships that are more congenial, even in times of stress, because the people involved treat one another with respect.” ( )
  SmartDogs | Oct 25, 2008 |
I bought this when I became an Army wife to make sure I always dressed appropriately and addressed everyone correctly. This is the kind of book you just have to have on your bookshelf somewhere, because there will always be a situation where you should reference this kind of book. ( )
  kaelirenee | Jan 10, 2007 |
With love and gratitude, I dedicate this book to my parents...
to Dad and my late mom,
and
to Lib and Bill, my parents-in-law
Ideal conversation is an exchange of thought, not an eloquent exhibition of wit or oratory.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,645,361 books! | Top bar: Always visible