Fear Less: Real Truth About Risk, Safety,…

Fear Less: Real Truth About Risk, Safety, and Security in a Time of…

by Gavin de Becker

Written post 9-11, this book addresses what we should really fear and what is manufactured by media and government.

I felt that this book was miles less helpful, with far fewer specifics and anecdotes than his first book, the Gift of Fear. ( )
  wdlaurie | Oct 25, 2008 |

Provides advice on overcoming the fear of terrorism by taking charge of personal security, and suggests ways for the United States to prevent and withstand terrorist attacks.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:32 -0400)

Gavin de Becker's landmark book The Gift of Fear showed millions of readers how to better protect themselves from violence and unwarranted fear. Now, in Fear Less, de Becker answers the questions many Americans have been asking since September 11th: Can air travel be safe? What is the risk of biological or chemical attack? Can the government detect and prevent future acts? How can we best talk to our children about what has happened and what might happen? What can we do to reduce fear and worry? What specific steps can we take to reduce terrorism? What are terrorists likely to do next? Most simply, is everything going to be all right? De Becker says, "Just as your imagination has placed you in frightening situations, it is now time to place yourself in empowering situations, time to see that you have a role to play, and contrary to so many TV news stories, it isn't just victim-in-waiting." Fear Less offers specific recommendations that can enhance our national security and our individual safety and help put fear into perspective. Nobody in the world understands risk and safety better than Gavin de Becker. At a time of uncertainty, terrorism, and a whole new set of rules, it is hard to imagine a more important, more reassuring, and more necessary book than Fear Less.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,944,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible