Robert Frost's Poems by Robert Frost

Robert Frost's Poems

by Robert Frost

Other authors: Louis Untermeyer (Editor)

Robert Frost was one of the American poets to whom I was introduced while I attended High School. His famous and popular poems like Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening and Mending Wall are among his most masterful, also including "Home Burial," "A Servant to Servants," "Directive," "Neither Out Too Far Nor In Too Deep," "Provide, Provide," "Acquainted with the Night," "After Apple Picking," "The Most of It," "An Old Man's Winter Night," "To Earthward," "Spring Pools," "The Lovely Shall Be Choosers," "Design," and "Desert Places." Perhaps "After Apple Picking" has the most personal connection for me as I spent time picking apples as a boy. But much of his poetry is evocative of rural culture in America. ( )
  jwhenderson | Jun 15, 2013 |
One of my favorite poets. "The Birches" is one of my all-time favorite poems. ( )
  eslee | Mar 18, 2007 |
There are only a few poets I've found to be a consistent pleasure to read. Frost is one of them. This anthology of poems chosen by Louis Untermeyer cover his career from 1930 to 1962. His familiar favorites are here, including "Birches", "Mending Wall", "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" , "Departmental", "The Road Not Taken" (perhaps his best), and "Fire and Ice" (one of my favorites). Each poem is preceded by a short foreword by Untermeyer. ( )
  burnit99 | Jan 19, 2007 |
poetry
  theologicaldan | Jan 2, 2007 |
A crappy little paperback with its cover missing, but I refuse to buy any Frost edited by Lathem. Let Frost be Frost, dammit.
  languagehat | Dec 22, 2005 |

Robert Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Untermeyer, LouisEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I'm going out to clean the pasture spring; / I'll only stop to rake the leaves away / (And wait to watch the water clear, I may): / I sha'n't be gone long.

Here in one volume are selected poems of Robert Frost, accompanied by an introduction and commentary by Louis Untermeyer. They make up an anthology that will bring you numberless hours of pleasure and joy.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:31 -0400)

Containing all of Robert Frost's best-known poems--including "Birches, " "Mending Walls, " and "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"--and dozens more--this collection celebrates the New England countryside, Frost's appreciation of common folk, and his understanding of the human condition.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,485,788 books! | Top bar: Always visible