The Purrfect Murder by Rita Mae Brown

The Purrfect Murder

by Rita Mae Brown

This is my umpteenth Mrs. Murphy Mystery. I kind of don't know why I keep reading them, because they always frustrate me - her political "this-is-the-way-the-world-works" expositions are beyond heavy-handed and boring as fuck. I guess the appeal is that it's easy to drop into - I know all the characters so all I have to do is learn a few new ones (who are always killed or end up being the killers) and then try to figure out how Harry will almost be killed trying to solve the mystery and how her pets will save her butt. A mediocre summer read. ;) ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book and didn't mind the storyline about the OB/GYN. I do think there are a lot of corrupt local officials in Crozet. The one thing that bothered me was the ending seemed rushed and you never really find out what happened to Taszio. I assume the charges were dropped but it wasn't clear in the book. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
Harry Haristeen must solve what seems to everyone else as as open-and -shut murder case. Other four-legged friends agree with Harry.
  SABC | Aug 31, 2013 |
Another enjoyable mystery from RMB. Not really outstanding - more of the same, you know?
  sumik | Jul 18, 2013 |
I love this book. Of course I love Rita Mae Brown I have read 99% of her books.
  iamhis1 | May 10, 2010 |

New York Times bestselling authors Rita Mae Brown and her feline partner, Sneaky Pie Brown, return with a new mystery starring Mary Minor “Harry” Haristeen, the sleuthing cats Mrs. Murphy and Pewter, and corgi Tee Tucker. But are they any match for a killer who’s made an entire town suspect by committing…

Autumn has arrived in cozy Crozet, Virginia, and that means the town’s inhabitants are hard at work in home and garden preparing for winter. Harry is planning to harvest her first crop of Petit Manseng grapes along with her beloved sunflowers. Meanwhile, her recent marriage to Fair and her friendship with Deputy Cynthia Cooper, who’s rented nearby Blair Farm, are flourishing. But even when peace descends on the idyllic countryside, murder is lurking.

Mrs. Carla Paulson is one of the diamond-encrusted “come-here” set who has descended on Crozet with plenty of wealth and no feeling for country ways. She’s determined to make her new house the envy of all her well-heeled friends—and enemies—and she’s hired architect Tazio Chappers to build it.

From the start, the project—and Mrs. Paulson—turns into a major headache relieved only by a side trip to study Thomas Jefferson’s extraordinary summer home at Poplar Forest. Harry couldn’t foresee that a day later Mrs. Paulson would be found stabbed to death at a gala fund-raiser with Harry’s friend, Tazio Chappers, standing over her, holding the knife.

Now Harry must solve what seems to everyone else an open-and-shut case. Every other human, that is. For her four-legged friends see it Harry’s way. But will they have to choose between catching the purrfect killer or saving Harry?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:47 -0400)

"New York Times bestselling authors Rita Mae Brown and her feline partner, Sneaky Pie Brown, return with a new mystery starring Mary Minor "Harry" Haristeen, the sleuthing cats Mrs. Murphy and Pewter, and corgi Tee Tucker. But are they any match for a killer who's made an entire town suspect by committing The Purrfect Murder?" "Autumn has arrived in cozy Crozet, Virginia, and that means the town's inhabitants are hard at work in home and garden preparing for winter. Harry is planning to harvest her first crop of Petit Manseng grapes along with her beloved sunflowers. Meanwhile, her recent marriage to Fair and her friendship with Deputy Cynthia Cooper, who's rented nearby Blair Farm, are flourishing. But even when peace descends on the idyllic countryside, murder is lurking." "Mrs. Carla Paulson is one of the diamond-encrusted "come-here" set who has descended on Crozet with plenty of wealth and no feeling for country ways. She's determined to make her new house the envy of all her well-heeled friends - and enemies - and she's hired architect Tazio Chappers to build it." "From the start, the project - and Mrs. Paulson - turn into a major headache relieved only by a side trip to study Thomas Jefferson's extraordinary summer home at Poplar Forest. Harry couldn't foresee that a day later Mrs. Paulson would be found stabbed to death at a gala fund-raiser with Harry's friend, Tazio Chappers, standing over her, holding the knife. Now Harry must solve what seems to everyone else an open-and-shut case. Every other human, that is. For her four-legged friends see it Harry's way. But will they have to choose between catching the purrfect killer and saving Harry?"--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,760,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible