My fair lady: A musical play in two acts by…

My fair lady: A musical play in two acts (1956)

by Alan Jay Lerner

This is a famous story with Audrey Hepburn.Eliza is a flower-seller on the street.And she has a strong London accent.Professor Higgins met her and started to teach the right accent.Love grows between two different people gradually.

I love this story very much.The book has some pictures of the seans of the movie.Audrey is pretty.I want to watch the movie because I will be able to enjoy more after reading it. ( )
  sumirenumber1 | Dec 4, 2010 |
This is the story that Eliza Doolittle – a young London woman who is flower-seller with a very strong London accent – is educated for being a lady by Professor Higgins. This book was so interesting! But this was originally a musical. Listening to songs, I’ll be able to understand how great it is more. I would like to see it. ( )
  minamia | Dec 15, 2009 |
I chose this book because I love Audrey Hepburn.
There are many pictures of seans of the movie, so I could have enjoyed seeing them.
But I think if I had seen the movie or play, I could have enjoyed more because there are some songs in this story.
In the book, words of songs are written, but you can't know the merody.
And the story itself, it is not so good, not so bad. ( )
  fleurs | Oct 18, 2008 |
This is a famous film with Audrey Hepburn.
Eliza Doolittle has strong London accent.
So Professpr Higgins teaches her to speak correct English.
I like this story, so I want to watch this film. ( )
  mannie | Jan 16, 2008 |
A young poor flower girl who had strong London accent met two gentlemen in chance.The next day, she offered them that they taught her good English and she started to live with them.She practiced hard and finally, she became a beautiful lady.
It was pretty story and I really enjoyed it. And it showed the view of the English too.I want to watch that movie! ( )
  aya. | Jan 14, 2008 |

Alan Jay Lernerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Loewe, FrederickComposermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is the musical play by Lerner and Lowe. It should not be combined with recordings of the soundtrack or of the film, or with copies of the sheet music.

This listing is a mess. It combines the script, the DVD, the score, and so on. If you own this, please append [score] or [sound recording] or the like to the title.

Sparkling with wit, wisdom and wonderful songs including, "I Could Have Danced All Night", "Wouldn't It Be Loverly" and "Get Me To The Church On Time", the musical play based on Bernard Shaw's "Pygmalion" has been delighting audiences since it was first performed in the 1950s. When overbearing Professor Higgins stumbles on flower girl, Eliza Doolittle, in Covent Garden he recognizes that her hideous vowels and forgotten consonants are all that separate her from the upper classes. Higgins wagers that he can pass her off as a Duchess in a matter of weeks. But what will become of Eliza when the bet is over? This edition of "My Fair Lady" includes the complete script and a selection of black and white stills from the Oscar-winning film starring Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:31 -0400)

Outside Covent Garden on a rainy evening in 1912, cockney flower girl, Eliza Doolittle, meets linguistic expert Henry Higgins. Higgins, in turn, bets with his companion, Colonel Pickering, that, within six months, he could transform Eliza into a proper lady, simply by teaching her proper English. The next morning, face and hands freshly scrubbed, Eliza presents herself on Higgins' doorstep, ready and willing to be turned into a lady.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,696,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible