P. S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

P. S. I Love You (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Cecelia Ahern

Member:gogglemiss
Title:P. S. I Love You
Authors:Cecelia Ahern
Info:Hyperion (2004), Mass Market Paperback
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:chic lit, lol, relationship, domestic, British authors, sad, bereavement

PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (2004)

Recently added byrena75, Marie_O, ishamaeli, Taywilsoncx, SPartenFamily, ehelkur, private library
    Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (aliciagarcia)
    aliciagarcia: Si te gustó Posdata: te amo y disfrutaste con la película, Un regalo del cielo te encantará. A mí me está entusiasmando.
    Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes (Norabee)
    Norabee: Both of these books are well written and enjoyable and if you enjoyed one, you will certainly enjoy the other!
    Good Grief by Lolly Winston (HollyMS)
    13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson (nookbooks)
    nookbooks: Main character gets series of envelopes with letters, after loved one's death, each one with a task to complete.
    Simply from Scratch by Alicia Bessette (ann.elizabeth)
    The Gift by Cecelia Ahern (WillowOne)
    The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks (standinginalley)

English (138)  German (7)  Dutch (5)  Spanish (3)  Swedish (1)  Finnish (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (156)
Where do I start? This book made me fall in love with reading. Ceclia Ahern is one of my favorite authors and has made this one of my all time number one book.

She portrays the main characters as the perfect couple yet they have their flaws, but doesn't everyone. Then something drastic happens to her husband and the author paints it so beautifully as the letters keep coming.

I won't ruin the plot but would highly recommend. You'll never want to put it down, it will make you laugh, cry and wish for everything to be perfect. ( )
  loty | Feb 26, 2019 |
I love this book. I think it is wonderfully written. I love the characters. There was so many emotions I felt while reading this book. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Cecelia Ahern →

EXCELLENT book - Which was so good a movie was done just for said book - High five Cecelia *YOU ARE MY HERO* without you said movie will not have been created my all time favorite love story *kiss-kiss*!

P.S. I Love you - Hope Fortress
AND I did read the book - sorry I should have added in the review but was so excited about the movie that I forgot to add that in my review - sorry babes!

The Pogues - I Love You Till The End

“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!”

I love how you encounter Gerry and Holly, are a married couple who live in Dublin

I laugh every time, I cry every time, I sit in awe every time, and enjoy each and every minute of this
lovely film, which I have since purchased this DVD.
PS I Love You ~ Everytime We Touch

Gerard Butler ‘’Gerry” Oh man I love this man’s smile! Me likes his Irish accent – to die for!

Holly Kennedy - Hillary Swank's excellent acting!
Charlie - Jeffrey Dean Morgan – what can I say about him – well you go Holly, so glad he helped you finding yourself again. Me likes his Irish as well – to die for!

Harry Connick Jr., who nails the part of the goofy, socially-challenged bartender

You don't have to be a "chick" or a sentimental sap to enjoy this movie. What you do need
is a heart. This film will surely touch it in all the right places. Five Stars!
P!nk - Just Give Me A Reason ft. Nate Ruess

This movie also has a measure of unexpected conclusions! “PS I Love You” is a bittersweet love story.
PS I Love You - Galway Girl Scene
From these letters, she starts to break out of her shell of widowhood.
I must say those letters made the movie

James Bay - Scars
https://www.google.co.za/?ion=1&espv=2#q=James Bay - Scars

I have a examples / quotes / pics I need to share: I saw this movie about 10 times – some of the best material that exact year: Holly Kennedy (Hilary Swank) has lost her husband (Gerald Butler). As she is in mourning over his loss, she receives letters from her dead husband.
P.S. I Love You - James Blunt "Same Mistake"

Be forewarned, `P.S. I Love You' will most likely make you cry; or at least come very close.

Kenny Loggins - Meet Me Half Way

Wiz Khalifa - See You Again ft. Charlie Puth [Official Video] Furious 7 Soundtrack

Cecelia Ahern is another Irish author – Well all I can say is excellent job!

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
I read this book after watching the movie. I loved the movie, I also loved the book. However, be prepared as there are many differences between the book and the movie. Still an incredible story of helping a loved one get over the loss of another. So romantic, heartbreaking, and beautiful. ( )
  CMBUSICK | Jun 7, 2018 |
DNFed at 3%.

My eyes are still watering, and it's not from sadness. The prose killed me. I just couldn't do it to myself.
  UDT | May 1, 2018 |
For David
Holly held the blue cotton sweater to her face and the familiar smell immediately struck her, an overwhelming grief knotting her stomach and pulling at her heart.

Holly couldn't live without her husband Gerry, until the day she had to. They were the kind of young couple who could finish each other's sentences. When Gerry succumbs to terminal illness and dies, 30-year-old Holly is set adrift unable to pick up the pieces. But with the help of a series of letters her husband left her before he did and a little nudging from an eccentric assortment of family and friends, she learns to laugh, overcome her fears, and discover a world she never knew existed.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 140130916X, Paperback)

Cecelia Ahern's debut novel, PS, I Love You, follows the engaging, witty, and occasionally sappy reawakening of Holly, a young Irish widow who must put her life back together after she loses her husband Gerry to a brain tumor. Ahern, the twentysomething daughter of Ireland's prime minister, has discovered a clever and original twist to the Moving On After Death concept made famous by novelists and screenwriters alike--Gerry has left Holly a series of letters designed to help her face the year ahead and carry on with her life. As the novel takes readers through the seasons (and through Gerry's monthly directives), we watch as Holly finds a new job, takes a holiday to Spain with her girlfriends, and sorts through her beloved husband's belongings. Accompanying Holly throughout the healing process is a cast of friends and family members who add as much to the novel's success as Holly's own tale of survival. In fact, it is these supporting character's mini-dramas that make PS, I Love You more than just another superficial tearjerker with the obligatory episode at a karaoke bar. Ahern shows real talent for capturing the essence of an interaction between friends and foes alike; even if Holly's circle of friends does resemble the gang from Bridget Jones a bit too neatly to ignore (her best friend is even called Sharon).

While her style can be at times repetitive and her delivery is occasionally amateurish, Ahern deserves credit for a spirited first effort. If PS, I Love You is any indication of this author's talent, readers have much to look forward to as Ahern matures as a novelist and a storyteller. --Gisele Toueg

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:04 -0400)

Holly couldn't live without her husband Gerry, until the day she had to. They were the kind of young couple who could finish each other's sentences. When Gerry succumbs to a terminal illness and dies, 30-year-old Holly is set adrift, unable to pick up the pieces. But with the help of a series of letters her husband left her before he died and a little nudging from an eccentric assortment of family and friends, she learns to laugh, overcome her fears, and discover a world she never knew existed.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,340,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible