Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements

Things Not Seen (2002)

by Andrew Clements

the cover .. and what can I say about the cover
"It's Awesome !"

and the story is Great ! it what makes me love READING ;)

a quote from the book : :'(
“The cab is crawling through afternoon traffic. I’m three feet away from two other people, and I can’t talk to either of them. I’ve never felt so alone.” ( )
  Soplada | Feb 27, 2014 |
This one was hard to get through. it dragged. . . . and then it was good, and then it ended. It is hard to embrace all this disappearing business.
  AbundaBookworms | Feb 18, 2014 |
A solid piece of social-oriented YA SF. The pacing was just a hair slow, but I do mean just a hair. I think it was because I wound up more interested in Bobby's problem than his relationship with Alicia. I'd have liked a bit more of the detective-work, X-Files-y portion of the novel. Recommended. ( )
  JWarren42 | Oct 10, 2013 |
I've always considered myself a fan of Andrew Clements' amazing stories. And Things Not Seen did not disappoint me. Original and creative, Clements weaves together a story that will capture the imaginations of children and adults alike.

Let me start of by saying that one of the things I love about this story is the original and creative plot Andrew Clements has weaved together. The idea is fresh and creative; a mixture of realistic and science fiction – and set in a modern-day setting. Another highlight of the story is Clements’s writing. It’s so eloquent and beautiful – I wish I could write like him!
“Two wrongs don't make a right, but don't three lefts make a right? Two wrongs don't make a right, but don't two negatives make a positive?” In my opinion, the characters are well done as well. I loved the characteristics Clements gave them – each character was likeable, but not without a flaw or two – this is a great example of realistic characters. I especially liked how well-developed these characters are in terms of depth and personality.
        I enjoyed Alicia, she was a great supporting character; and Bobby was amazing! The hint of romance between the two of them will keep teen readers on their toes waiting for more.

All in all, there is one word I have for Things Not Seen: SOLID. I loved it, and it will not disappoint fans of Andrew Clements! This is definitely a great example of solid YA science fiction! ( )
  ZoeSNicholson | Sep 16, 2013 |
This was a really interesting book about a boy, Bobby, who wakes up one morning suddenly invincible. Shortly after, his parents are in an automobile accident and now he has to fend for himself, only he can't tell anyone for fear that the government would take him and turn him into an experiment. Bobby ends up befriending a blind girl, Alicia, and their friendship helps both of them realize what life is about and what is important. It's a plot line that will keep you guessing and make you want to keep reading. ( )
  smheatherly2 | Sep 6, 2013 |
It's a Tuesday morning in February, and I get up as usual, and I stumble into the bathroom to take a shower in the dark.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0142407313, Paperback)

Teens, especially those not in the über-popular set, know all about feeling invisible. But what would happen if you actually did wake up invisible one day? Fifteen-year-old Bobby is faced with this curious predicament in Andrew Clements's compelling novel Things Not Seen. Doing his best to adapt, Bobby informs his parents and grows more and more frustrated as they try to control his (unseen) life. Attempting to take matters in his own hands, he ventures out--naked--to the library, where he meets a blind girl who becomes a natural confidant. The ensuing drama, involving a nationwide search for other invisible people and a break-in to the computer database at Sears, Roebuck legal department headquarters ("News flash: Invisible people make excellent spies and thieves") is authentic enough in detail to allow readers to overlook the nuttiness of it all. Teens will identify with Bobby's experience of being essentially invisible. Highly recommended. (Ages 11 to 15) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:47 -0400)

"Teens, especially those not in the uber-popular set, know all about feeling invisible. But what would happen if you actually did wake up invisible one day? Fifteen-year-old Bobby is faced with this curious predicament....Doing his best to adapt, Bobby informs his parents and grows more and more frustrated as they try to control his (unseen) life. Attempting to take matters in his own hands, he ventures out--naked--to the library, where he meets a blind girl who becomes a natural confidant. The ensuing drama [involves] a nationwide search for other invisible people and a break-in to the computer database at Sears & Roebuck legal department"--Amazon.com.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,645,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible