Just Us Women (Reading Rainbow Books) by…

Just Us Women (Reading Rainbow Books) (edition 1984)

by Jeannette Caines, Pat Cummings (Illustrator)

Member:RHAC
Title:Just Us Women (Reading Rainbow Books)
Authors:Jeannette Caines
Other authors:Pat Cummings (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1984), Paperback, 32 pages
Collections:6 and Under

Just Us Women by Jeannette Caines

age 3-5, Pierce College Library
  SWong4512 | May 28, 2014 |
A young girl and her aunt plan a trip together to visit family at a distance. A very positive message for young girls about taking time for family, planning and executing an event and not needing men to do this. My favorite comment is that it is "just us women" even though the narrator is a young girl. ( )
  book58lover | Jul 8, 2010 |
This book is about a young girl and her aunt who decide to take a road trip. Along the way they stop and do many different things on the way to where they are going.

I didnt really like this book too much. The picture's were great but I thought that it was a little weird and slow. I don't think that many children expecially boys would like it. I also thought that it was a little sterotypical.

In the classroom, I would have the children write a journal entry about things that they love to do with someone special. I would also have give the children a map and then I would show them where Virginia and Maryland. After showing them i would have them color the map.
  zimmy09 | Mar 25, 2010 |
This story is about a girl and her aunt who go on a road trip without any boys. They made many stops and had fun just taking their time and doing whatever seemed fun at the time.

This multicultural book has awesome illustrations but is kind of stereotypical.

In the classroom I would get a U.S. map and we would look at the states that they went through. Also, I would ask the students what family trips they have been on and what states they were in.
  AlyssaSadler | Mar 22, 2010 |
An aunt and niece plan a girls-only road trip to North Carolina. Illustrations in shades of blues, browns, greens show the ladies on their adventure. ( )
  MrsBond | Nov 17, 2009 |

Jeannette Cainesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cummings, PatIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"No boys and no men-just us women," Aunt Martha tells her niece. And together they plan their trip to North Carolina in Aunt Martha's brand-new car. This is to be a very special outing-with no one to hurry them along, the two travelers can do exactly as they please.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:30 -0400)

A young girl and her favorite aunt share the excitement of planning a very special car trip for just the two of them.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,632,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible