Schlafes Bruder by Robert Schneider

Schlafes Bruder (original 1992; edition 1994)

by Robert Schneider

Member:greenlemonsoda
Title:Schlafes Bruder
Authors:Robert Schneider
Info:Reclam, Leipzig (1994), Paperback, 204 pages
Rating:*****

Brother of Sleep by Robert Schneider (1992)

Recently added bykaro01, bobparr, nicoelston, vulgarboatman, private library, PiEuler, bibritz, Chantale22, leselotte

English (3)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (5)
Del capolavoro decantato da critica e pubblico ho trovato solo alcuni tratti di prosa emozionante, ma purtroppo null'altro. Più che la storia mi ha colpito il garbato umorismo dello scrittore, vagamente snob e la competenza tecnica nelle descrizioni musicali. Anzichè invogliare la lettura di altre storie del medesimo scrittore, il libro mi indirizza sopratutto alla ricerca di qualche pagina musicale di un buon organista. ( )
  bobparr | Dec 14, 2014 |
Though with a good Leitmotiv and exploring the same thematic as Das Parfüm (the story of an adversity-stricken, miserable genius), there is no suspense, the plot is poor and, overall, the book is just too depressing. ( )
  Miguelnunonave | Sep 9, 2013 |
I can't remember when I bought this book but I'm sure it was more than 10 years ago and I'm also sure it was because someone compared it to [book: Perfume] from [author: Patrick Suskind] which is one of my all time favorite books.

Though there are similiarities I found this book nowhere near as interesting, unique or beautifully written as Perfume. There was really no suspense, no mystery, just a kind of evenly paced telling of a tale that seemed to have no climax or build up.

So if you liked this I would definitely recommend Perfume but I guess no matter what I would definitely recommend Perfume so that's not saying much. ( )
1 vote ragwaine | May 2, 2010 |

Robert Schneiderprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Whiteside, ShaunTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,399,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible