How I Stayed Alive When My Brain Was Trying…

How I Stayed Alive When My Brain Was Trying to Kill Me: One Person's Guide…

by Susan Rose Blauner

I got approximately 5 pages into this book when I realized that the author has no idea what depression is, and got tired of being patronizingly called a "child of God."

If you are clinically depressed and/or an atheist, probably skip this one. ( )
1 vote lemontwist | May 21, 2014 |

The statistics on suicide are staggering. According to the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in 1997 in the USA more teenagers and young adults died from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza and chronic lung disease combined. It is also an international epidemic.

Susan Blauner is the perfect emissary for a message of hope and a program of action for these millions of people. She's been though it, and speaks and writes eloquently about feelings and fantasies surrounding suicide.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:15 -0400)

A survivor of multiple suicide attempts considers the epidemic of suicide in America and offers non-judgmental affirmations to readers struggling with suicidal thoughts and positive advice to their loved ones.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,878,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible