Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) by C.…

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) (edition 2010)

by C. L. Wilson

Member:DeadonMonday
Title:Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul)
Authors:C. L. Wilson
Info:Avon (2010), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:**

Lord of the Fading Lands by C. L. Wilson

English (29)  German (1)  All languages (30)
This was a re-read for this book so I could read the entire series and continue to the final installment of these books. I love this book, the second time reading was just as great as the first. I am sorry, I am gushing. So I should be telling you what I love about this book and not just gushing and gushing.

I love the ending of this book The author straight finish the smaller plot within the whole plot, leaves it at a location and then stops for the next book; just like a t-shirt. Hmm...what else? I love Elli. She is strong and vibrant and everything a faerie queen should be but also she is normal and a ordinary which makes her such a different character than many others I have read. Next there is Rain, first off, the name, oh yes, and then he is just magnificent, everything a faerie king should be and so much more. I love that these two characters are together and in love, I couldn't see them any other way, I never want to.

I also love the world the author creates around these amazing characters. I enjoy the whole new world, with new politics, drama, and amazing enemies and allies. I enjoy Ellie's quintet and I enjoy the way the characters all interact together. I can keep on going and going but I won't. I love this author, I love this book. If you love fantasy romance, READ THIS BOOK! ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I expected the story to be over, but it isn't. Nothing was resolved. Nevertheless, the story is beautiful.
Oh, well, I'll just find the next one to see what happens. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
4.5 out of 5 ( )
  ames | Sep 30, 2013 |
This is a little outside of what I normally read, much more focused on romance. However, I loved it all the same. My complaint with the book would be that I dislike how it came to a rather abrupt end without any kind of resolution. Luckily, I do have the rest of the series here so I'll be able to continue right away.

In this story, Rain, the King and Tairen Soul of the Fey fears the end of his people and is looking for a way to save them, there are too few and most still carry shadows of the war of 1000 years ago within their own souls. As he searches for a solution, he hears a 'true mate' call from the city and finds himself in front of what appears to be a mortal girl, Ellie, who captures him heart and soul, binding him to her. Ellie who has been raised to be afraid of all things magic, has nonetheless always had a fascination for all things fey and for Rain Tairen soul in particular. So no one is more surprised than she when he claims her as his true mate.

This is a beautifully written story about how Rain and Ellie begin falling in love, with some very emotional touching scenes. At the same time they deal with a society that looks down on her for her common birth, and distrust of him because he is fey, as well as trying to convince everyone of the evil presence of the Eld mages that Rain feels becoming strong in the world again.

I look forward to finding out how this story continues in the rest of the series. I would have liked more plot and more resolution which keeps me from rating this a 5, but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. ( )
  a.happy.booker | Sep 24, 2013 |
Such a great intro to this series and a rich fantasy world. Well worth picking up.

Re reading July 2013. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |

A simple woodcarver's daughter finds her dreams of adventure and romance coming true when Tairen Soul, a powerful fey from the Fading Lands, claims her as his truemate, plunging her into a dangerous realm of passion, evil, magic, and love.

C. L. Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,032,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible