Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) by C.…

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) (edition 2010)

by C. L. Wilson

Member:DeadonMonday
Title:Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul)
Authors:C. L. Wilson
Info:
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:**

Lord of the Fading Lands by C. L. Wilson

English (28)  German (1)  All languages (29)
I expected the story to be over, but it isn't. Nothing was resolved. Nevertheless, the story is beautiful.
Oh, well, I'll just find the next one to see what happens. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
4.5 out of 5 ( )
  ames | Sep 30, 2013 |
This is a little outside of what I normally read, much more focused on romance. However, I loved it all the same. My complaint with the book would be that I dislike how it came to a rather abrupt end without any kind of resolution. Luckily, I do have the rest of the series here so I'll be able to continue right away.

In this story, Rain, the King and Tairen Soul of the Fey fears the end of his people and is looking for a way to save them, there are too few and most still carry shadows of the war of 1000 years ago within their own souls. As he searches for a solution, he hears a 'true mate' call from the city and finds himself in front of what appears to be a mortal girl, Ellie, who captures him heart and soul, binding him to her. Ellie who has been raised to be afraid of all things magic, has nonetheless always had a fascination for all things fey and for Rain Tairen soul in particular. So no one is more surprised than she when he claims her as his true mate.

This is a beautifully written story about how Rain and Ellie begin falling in love, with some very emotional touching scenes. At the same time they deal with a society that looks down on her for her common birth, and distrust of him because he is fey, as well as trying to convince everyone of the evil presence of the Eld mages that Rain feels becoming strong in the world again.

I look forward to finding out how this story continues in the rest of the series. I would have liked more plot and more resolution which keeps me from rating this a 5, but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. ( )
  a.happy.booker | Sep 24, 2013 |
Such a great intro to this series and a rich fantasy world. Well worth picking up.

Re reading July 2013. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
This book had a lot going for it, in ways I didn’t quite expect, but the romance part didn’t work for me, which kind of ruined it. ( )
1 vote maureene87 | Apr 4, 2013 |

A simple woodcarver's daughter finds her dreams of adventure and romance coming true when Tairen Soul, a powerful fey from the Fading Lands, claims her as his truemate, plunging her into a dangerous realm of passion, evil, magic, and love.

C. L. Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,388,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible