Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) by C.…

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) (edition 2010)

by C. L. Wilson

Member:DeadonMonday
Title:Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul)
Authors:C. L. Wilson
Info:Avon (2010), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:**

Lord of the Fading Lands by C. L. Wilson

English (35)  German (1)  All languages (36)
I expected the story to be over, but it isn't. Nothing was resolved. Nevertheless, the story is beautiful.
Oh, well, I'll just find the next one to see what happens. ( )
  Aneris | Aug 12, 2016 |
Rainier vel'En Daris Feyreisen, the Tairen Soul, King of the Fading Lands, and Defender of the Fey has got to do something to save his people. There is only one fertile female Tairen, and her offspring are dying inside their eggs. His people are dying, his land is barren, and there is nothing he can do about it. Desperate for a cure, Rain seeks out one of the more powerful Fey objects, a magical crystal called the Eye of Truth. After punishing him for having the audacity to seek answers from such a holy object, the Eye tells Rain that she salvation of his people and himself lies in a land called Celieria and shows him the image of a red-haired, green-eyed girl. Though he hates that cursed land since it reminds him of love lost and battles fought long ago, Rain decides to accompany Marissya, the only remaining female Fey, on her trip to Celieria in the hopes of finding the girl and saving his people.

this is basically a romantic fantasy, much more relationship oriented than most fantasy, but it is too deeply steeped in the traditions and worldbuilding of fantasy for anyone to label it as purely romance with a few fantastic elements. Make no mistake about that. The whole plot is rife with mages, magical powers, non-human races, flying venemous fire-breathing dragon-cats, and is set in a world other than our own. It's fantasy, albeit one a bit heavy on the romance.

Ellysetta Baristani is the peasant daughter of a woodcarver in Celieria. She is not the biological child of this family, but they found her in the woods and raised her as their own. Ellie has never felt that she was anything but a full member of the Baristani family, even though there is a darkness inside her that she struggles to contain. When it is learned that the Tairen Soul is coming to Celieria, Ellie's younger twin sisters ask her to accompany them to the ceremony. No one has seen the King of the Fey in more than a thousand years, and Ellie acquiesces to her sister's demands. In the crowded mass of people gathered to see the visiting Fey, one of Ellie's sisters is injured. When she kisses her sister's wound to make it better, the spark of magic between them calls the Tairen Soul from the sky and changes Ellie's life forever.

The only way I can sum it up is to say that this book is insanely fun. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
The Tairen Soul Series is an all-consuming, mind blowing, epic love/adventure/fantasy/ book. A must read on my list. After reading the Hunger Games, I was trying hard to find a book that could top it... it took me forever but I did it and this series is now my absolute favorite, it not only outshone the Hunger Games and Twilight but Harry Potter too and I have yet to find a anything that tops it. This book has everything, love, passion, action, adventure, edge of your eat suspense, sadness, war, deception, twists,... I can go on.

There are some erotic scenes spaced evenly throughout the book but please don't let that hinder your decision because you'll be missing out. It also has a darker, edgier themes which is a refreshing relief from some of the fluffy love movies I've seen lately.

The next thing you read should be this, you won't be disappointed. I went through all 5 books in 2 weeks, I just could never put the books down.

Lainey ( )
  lnycook | Apr 18, 2016 |
4.5 stars I was amazed how much I liked this book. I almost did not read it based on the back cover, it sounded too sci-fi for my taste. What I found was a wonderful paranormal shifter/fae/mage fantasy romance, filled with very real and interesting characters.
An Alpha male hero with control issues and a broken heart. He is ancient and a major part of a horrible history of this world. He has been alone for decades. His name is Rain, he is their king. He reminds me of the Ilona Andrews character Curran.
She is an Alpha woman who has been persecuted for not being the normal girl of the village. Her soul calls to him unknowingly in a moment of fear and anger and he answers. She has had dreams all her life of this man, but why ? Her past is a secret she was found as a small child along the side of the road. he name Ellysetta, she is beautiful, tall and mysterious.
The world is in great danger evil mages are getting stronger,Rain can sense it. The villagers doubt him, they want proof. he only wants to get his soul mate and get out of there, history makes him want to hide her away. She is not one to shy away though.
I loved the world building and the strength of the characters written into this book. I could read it many times and keep finding new details to enjoy. The writing was so fluid I felt I was transported to the world with them. (Exactly what I was looking for in a book) I am going to rush out and get the rest of the series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This is the first work in a series full of magic, court intrigue, and romance. The book could have been a fairly formulaic romance novel, albeit one with a beautifully developed fantasy world, but instead it evolves in to a sweepingly epic fantasy novel with dashes of fairy-tale.

The only weakness in the books is that they are so focused on the two main characters' vibrant inner monologues and backstories that everyone else feels washed out. I just finished the sequel [b:Lady of Light and Shadows|1651313|Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)|C.L. Wilson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1390666507s/1651313.jpg|14393761] and instead of building up the secondary characters, we are introduced to a new set of players. We shall see what the next title brings...

Reader beware! There are some fairly mean cliffhangers between books. I would recommend having the next title on hand/already downloaded. ( )
  LadyBill | Jan 23, 2016 |

C. L. Wilsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
York, JudyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A simple woodcarver's daughter finds her dreams of adventure and romance coming true when Tairen Soul, a powerful fey from the Fading Lands, claims her as his truemate, plunging her into a dangerous realm of passion, evil, magic, and love.

C. L. Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,525,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible