Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) by C.…

Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul) (edition 2010)

by C. L. Wilson

Member:DeadonMonday
Title:Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul)
Authors:C. L. Wilson
Info:Avon (2010), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Rating:**

Lord of the Fading Lands by C. L. Wilson

English (33)  German (1)  All languages (34)
The Tairen Soul Series is an all-consuming, mind blowing, epic love/adventure/fantasy/ book. A must read on my list. After reading the Hunger Games, I was trying hard to find a book that could top it... it took me forever but I did it and this series is now my absolute favorite, it not only outshone the Hunger Games and Twilight but Harry Potter too and I have yet to find a anything that tops it. This book has everything, love, passion, action, adventure, edge of your eat suspense, sadness, war, deception, twists,... I can go on.

There are some erotic scenes spaced evenly throughout the book but please don't let that hinder your decision because you'll be missing out. It also has a darker, edgier themes which is a refreshing relief from some of the fluffy love movies I've seen lately.

The next thing you read should be this, you won't be disappointed. I went through all 5 books in 2 weeks, I just could never put the books down.

Lainey ( )
  lnycook | Apr 18, 2016 |
4.5 stars I was amazed how much I liked this book. I almost did not read it based on the back cover, it sounded too sci-fi for my taste. What I found was a wonderful paranormal shifter/fae/mage fantasy romance, filled with very real and interesting characters.
An Alpha male hero with control issues and a broken heart. He is ancient and a major part of a horrible history of this world. He has been alone for decades. His name is Rain, he is their king. He reminds me of the Ilona Andrews character Curran.
She is an Alpha woman who has been persecuted for not being the normal girl of the village. Her soul calls to him unknowingly in a moment of fear and anger and he answers. She has had dreams all her life of this man, but why ? Her past is a secret she was found as a small child along the side of the road. he name Ellysetta, she is beautiful, tall and mysterious.
The world is in great danger evil mages are getting stronger,Rain can sense it. The villagers doubt him, they want proof. he only wants to get his soul mate and get out of there, history makes him want to hide her away. She is not one to shy away though.
I loved the world building and the strength of the characters written into this book. I could read it many times and keep finding new details to enjoy. The writing was so fluid I felt I was transported to the world with them. (Exactly what I was looking for in a book) I am going to rush out and get the rest of the series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This is the first work in a series full of magic, court intrigue, and romance. The book could have been a fairly formulaic romance novel, albeit one with a beautifully developed fantasy world, but instead it evolves in to a sweepingly epic fantasy novel with dashes of fairy-tale.

The only weakness in the books is that they are so focused on the two main characters' vibrant inner monologues and backstories that everyone else feels washed out. I just finished the sequel [b:Lady of Light and Shadows|1651313|Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)|C.L. Wilson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1390666507s/1651313.jpg|14393761] and instead of building up the secondary characters, we are introduced to a new set of players. We shall see what the next title brings...

Reader beware! There are some fairly mean cliffhangers between books. I would recommend having the next title on hand/already downloaded. ( )
  LadyBill | Jan 23, 2016 |
This was a re-read for this book so I could read the entire series and continue to the final installment of these books. I love this book, the second time reading was just as great as the first. I am sorry, I am gushing. So I should be telling you what I love about this book and not just gushing and gushing.

I love the ending of this book The author straight finish the smaller plot within the whole plot, leaves it at a location and then stops for the next book; just like a t-shirt. Hmm...what else? I love Elli. She is strong and vibrant and everything a faerie queen should be but also she is normal and a ordinary which makes her such a different character than many others I have read. Next there is Rain, first off, the name, oh yes, and then he is just magnificent, everything a faerie king should be and so much more. I love that these two characters are together and in love, I couldn't see them any other way, I never want to.

I also love the world the author creates around these amazing characters. I enjoy the whole new world, with new politics, drama, and amazing enemies and allies. I enjoy Ellie's quintet and I enjoy the way the characters all interact together. I can keep on going and going but I won't. I love this author, I love this book. If you love fantasy romance, READ THIS BOOK! ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
4 ½ Stars

This review is also published at http://thebookaholiccat.com

Lord of the Fading Lands is book one of Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson.

Rainier vel'En Daris Feyreisen King of the Fey, also knows as Rain Tairen Soul is desperate to save his race. The Tairen are dying and with them the Fey will die too. The Tairen are big winged cats creatures linked to the Fey, Rain as Tairen Soul can shift to Tairen form, he is also the last Tairen Soul alive.
In a moment of desperation he begs for answers of how to save his race from The Eye of Truth. As a response he receives two images, one of a woman and another one of the city of Celieria.
He knows his good friend and confident Marissya v’En Solande, also knows as the Truthspeaker is planning her annual visit to the city of Celieria in the following days; so he decides to leave his exile of over thousand years and accompany her on her journey.
Thousand years ago, during the Mage Wars, the Mages of Eld assassinated Rain’s mate, Sariel. In a moment of complete emotional devastation for her dead, Rain succumbed to madness and scorched the world. Since then Rain hasn’t left The Fading Lands (Fey lands) until now.
There is always a big welcoming for Marissya and her Fey guards, but this year with the news of Rain arrival the city of Celieria is in a big outburst.
People are filling the streets, trying to get a vantage point to admire the Fey procession entering the city. Ellysetta Baristani has always loved the Fey and its tales and now is her opportunity to see Rain for the first time. She arrives early with her little twin sisters to take a good place from where to observe the Fey march.
When Rain starts approaching Celieria he feels another soul calling his. He knows his Shi’dalin or Truemate, is in the crowds observing the march.
The crowds are pushing back and forth an Ellysetta soon finds herself on the floor being trampled by the crowd. Rain feels her pain and locates her immediately. When he is in front of Elly he recognizes her as the woman The Eye of Truth has showed him. He knows she is his Truemate, but he is in shock and in complete disbelief, never in Fey history a Tairen Soul had claimed a Truemate. Elly also feels the connection with Rain but his claim that she is his Truemate intimidates her. She is just the adoptive daughter of a woodcarver, a simple woman with not education or position. She doesn’t understand how is it possible for the King of the Fey to claim her as his Queen.
For the mating to take place Elly will have to accept Rain completely, if the mating doesn’t occur… let’s just say the consequences will be devastating.
While all this is happening, enemies from the past are taking force. There are other people who also want Elly but none of them have good intentions towards her.
Rain will have to woo her and protect her at the same time because the future of his race is in Elly’s hands.

I have had Lord of the Fading Lands in my TBR for over a year. I don’t know why I haven’t read it before, I’m just glad I did it now.

Ellyseta has always felt as a stranger in her own skin. Even tough she has always being surrounded by a family that loves her; deep in her heart there was always something missing. And being the ugly duckling in her town hasn’t helped her with her feelings of inadequacy. Despite those feelings her heart is pure and innocent. She has always been sweet, caring and loving. The best daughter, sister friend anyone could have.

Rain has been a tortured soul, full of pain, rage and remorse for centuries, until his gift from gods (Elly) comes to his life. After what happened to Sariel he is afraid of giving Elly his heart, but his soul has spoken and there is little he can do about it. He is overprotective and has a big sense of responsibility. But after so many years in exile and pain he has forgotten how “to be nice”. But what Elly is making him feel is slowly shedding his ice shell.

This is a yin and yang couple. They are opposites but they complement each other perfectly, their connection is not simple love but more deeply, they are soul mates, where feelings are bigger than them and appearances don’t matter. *swoon*

All the secondary characters in this book are great. They bring more deep to the story, making it more interesting and entertaining.
With Elly’s family and the Fey you feel you want to know them more; you want to hear their stories, their lives, what ails them and want to comfort and laugh with them as with Rain and Elly.
With the evil forces you will hate them and will wanted all to disappear and rot in hell.

Mrs. Wilson’s magic with words will make you feel all those things and more. Her prose will keep you captured from page to page and the world she creates will have your imagination flying to this new land.

Lord of the Fading Land is one the best fantasy books I have read lately. It has a complex and different word, with a new language and many interesting characters. The plot has everything you want a book to have, action, love, intrigues, mysteries, and more.
This book is written is such a perfect manner that you will start to learn Feyan (Fey language) and will never be confused with the names of so many different characters because they are introduced masterfully into the story.

I cannot recommend enough Lord of the Fading Lands. If you are a fantasy lover you will adore it, and even if you are not a fan of this genre I think you should give it a chance, it is really a great book.
After finishing Lord of the Fading Lands I couldn’t restrain myself and started immediately the second book of this series Lady of Light and Shadows and let me tell you that it’s even better than this one.
These books are not stand-alone books and should be read in order. ( )
1 vote BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |

A simple woodcarver's daughter finds her dreams of adventure and romance coming true when Tairen Soul, a powerful fey from the Fading Lands, claims her as his truemate, plunging her into a dangerous realm of passion, evil, magic, and love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible