The First Days Of School: How To Be An…

The First Days Of School: How To Be An Effective Teacher (1991)

by Harry K. Wong, Rosemary T. Wong

Other authors: Bruce F. Emmer (Editor), Heidi Heath Garwood (Illustrator)

I really recommend reading this before, BEFORE, you teach anything (including adults). ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Recommended by several friends and my mother, I'm finding this book a very succinct and quick guide to really simple and easy success tools. Me gusta! ( )
  benuathanasia | Jul 15, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book when I first started teaching but didn't get around to reading it until the next summer and I was so glad I did! This book is great for new teachers! ( )
  rcarter6 | Feb 18, 2014 |
This is a great book for those who are going into the teaching profession, as well as those who are currently teaching. This book provides ways to increase classroom behavior, and minimizing misbehavior. This allows increasedtime for learning. The book also teaches how to improve teaching. There are many aspects to this book, and is well worth the time it takes to read it. ( )
  torrey23 | Oct 22, 2011 |
This book will always hold a sentimental place in my heart...but the information contained within is quintessential. New teachers should always, always read this book--and, of course, while I own this copy, I would highly suggest the purchase of the updated edition. ( )
  edorman75 | Jul 16, 2009 |

Harry K. Wongprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wong, Rosemary T.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Emmer, Bruce F.Editorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Garwood, Heidi HeathIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Over 3 million copies have been sold of the preeminent book on classroom management and teaching for lesson achievement. The book walks a teacher, either novice or veteran, through the most effective ways to begin a school year and continue to become an effective teacher. This is the most basic book on how to teach. Every teacher and administrator needs to have a copy.

The book is used in thousands of school districts, in over 65 countries, and in over 1000 college classrooms. It works and it s inspiring.

Included in this 3rd edition is a free 38 minute Enhanced CD, Never Cease to Learn. This bonus CD features Harry Wong with a special introduction by Rosemary Wong. The motivational message delivered is one all educators must hear and see.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:23 -0400)

The best-selling book ever on classroom management and teaching for student achievement with over 3.3 million copies sold. The book walks a teacher, either novice or veteran, through structuring and organizing a classroom for success that can be applied at any time of the year at any grade level, pre-K through college.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,884,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible