The Next Big Thing by Johanna Edwards

The Next Big Thing (edition 2005)

by Johanna Edwards

Member:readingfiend
Title:The Next Big Thing
Authors:Johanna Edwards
Info:Berkley Trade (2005), Paperback, 342 pages
Tags:reality shows, weight loss, women, friendships, relationships, long distance relationships

The Next Big Thing by Johanna Edwards

Funny and touching story of a size 18 woman in love with a man she met online - who thinks she's a size four. When offered a chance to lose weight on a nationally-aired reality show, she jumps at the chance.

I loved the way the authors hooked us in to the female characters. They were richly drawn and a delight to follow. I'd read more from this author.

Bookcrossing: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5443400/ ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 25, 2014 |
Highly recommend. Great Chick lit book.

I see I did not write much about this book which is too bad, cause I really enjoyed it.

The thing is I loved it because I admit to being a Reality TV junkie, so 2 of my big loves were added together.
Such a fun read. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
A humorous novel about an overweight young woman who auditions to be on a reality weight loss show "Fat to Fabulous". But it wasn't a Biggest Loser type show it was more of a Big Brother type show.
When it all begins she is carrying on a long distance relationship between Memphis (her) and England (Nick). Problem is, they've never met! She makes excuses to everyone as to where is is while on the show and things take a turn when her friend Donna, who's pretending to be her in emails to Nick spills the beans.
A fun book to read. ( )
  readingfiend | Dec 7, 2012 |
At 231 pounds, Kat is lonely and unhappy. She has an Internet boyfriend who lives in another country and who believes she is a size 4. Obviously, the two have yet to meet. Then Kat gains a spot on the new reality show From Fat to Fabulous. What looks like an easy road to thin and rich turns out to be anything but that. This book is pure chick lit but a fun, quick read. ( )
  CatieN | Apr 29, 2012 |
I like to read books where I enjoy the characters and feel sympathetic or relate. This book missed the mark for me. The long distance (email) relationship that the heroine has all her hopes and dreams was obvious in its ending. The characters were not realistic but the dialogue was quick and the pace of the plot kept me involved. ( )
  t.peggy | Jul 29, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425200280, Paperback)

In this funny, poignant debut, a plus-size heroine becomes a reality TV show contestant and discovers she's already beautiful enough to be the next big thing.

Kat Larson figured she had nothing to lose by becoming a contestant on the new reality show From Fat to Fabulous-except maybe a few dozen pounds. Then she'd finally be able to arrange a face-to-face meeting with Nick, the British hunk she met online, who still thinks she's a size four. She'd finally be confident and graceful and thin-and there's that big cash prize, too, to pay for all those slinky new clothes she'd need. She'd finally have the perfect life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:01 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,045,861 books! | Top bar: Always visible